update in the SEAZ trip

  • Randy Emmitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2004
      Folks,

      I heard from several of the members here privately and I thank all of you
      for your input and interest! I corrected my "Sierra Madre Dancer" photos as
      it was pointed out it's likely that they are
      Springwater Dancer (Argia plana) and I replaced the heart shaped wheel
      photos with better images(right out of PS not resampled in breezebrowser)
      also have included a close up of the female appendages. I did find one male
      that I'm fairly sure is Sierra Madre Dancer (Argia lacrimans).

      As to bluets my Familiar Bluets (first thought) seem to be a male Arroyo
      Bluet (Enallagma praevarum) and I have included a close up of the
      appendages. Seems my "Mexican Forktail
      " female is likely a E. praevarum.

      The male dancers were fairly faded and hard to get good light on them I
      placed 2 of them for review in a folder called Mystery Dancers, likely one
      of them is A. plana. And I changed the Canyon Rubyspot page by adding a
      mated pair photo. See http://www.rlephoto.com/odes/damsels/index.htm#western

      Thanks again for any input you might have!

      Randy Emmitt
      Rougemount, NC
      www.rlephoto.com
      http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/

      "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president . . . right
      or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
      to the American public."
      -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918