Bass and Hot Springs Canyon

  • Terry Hibbitts
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2013
      Bass Canyon and Hot Springs Canyon (7:00 am to 4:45 pm) September 6, 2013

      Troy and I hiked down Bass Canyon from the normal parking area were the road
      crosses the canyon. We turned right into Hot Springs Canyon and hiked down
      to where the water starts and then on down until it almost quits again.

      Canyon Rubyspots - lots
      Great Spreadwing - 1
      Black-and-White Damsel - lots
      Tarascan Dancer - lots
      Sooty Dancer - lots
      Fiery Dancer - lots
      Springwater Dancer - lots
      Spine-tipped Dancer - 3
      Lavender Dancer - lots
      Amethyst Dancer - 2
      Pima Dancer - 2
      Arroyo Dancer - lots
      Mexican Forktail - 1
      Painted Damsel - lots
      Desert Firetail - lots
      Malachite Darner - 3 + 1 on road
      Blue-eyed Darner - 3
      Serpent Ringtail - lots
      Pale-faced Clubskimmer - 4
      Mayan Setwing - 2
      Neon Skimmer - lots
      Flame Skimmer - lots
      Red Rock Skimmer - 6
      Blue Dasher - 2
      Spot-winged Glider - 1 + 10 on road
      Slough Amberwing - lots
      Variegated Meadowhawk - 1

      We also tried spending Saturday out. We wanted to go to Bear Canyon, but
      rained us out. We headed for Sycamore Canyon, but by the time we hiked down
      to the plunge pools it was cloudy and started sprinkling. We didn't see
      many.

      Terry Hibbitts
      Camp Wood, TX
      www.thehibbitts.net