08/17-18: Q Ranch, Gila, AZ.

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2013
      Ken Furtado, my wife, and I spent this weekend (08/17-18) at the Q Ranch in Gila Co., where we visited several cattle tanks as well as Bottle Spring and Gentry and Walnut Cr. We found a total of 19 species as follows:

      1. Canyon Rubyspot, Hetaerina vulnerata
      2. Great Spreadwing, Archilestes grandis
      3. Plateau Spreadwing, Lestes alacer
      4. Lavender Dancer, Argia hinei
      5. Aztec Dancer, Argia nahuana
      6. Amethyst Dancer, Argia pallens
      7. Springwater Dancer, Argia plana
      8. Tonto Dancer, Argia tonto
      9. Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile
      10. Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum
      11. Painted Damsel, Hesperagrion heterodoxum
      12. Plains Forktail, Ischnura damula
      13. Mexican Forktail, Ischnura demorsa
      14. Common Green Darner, Argia junius
      15. Riffle Darner, Oplonaeschna armata
      16. Twelve-spotted Skimmer, Libellula pulchella
      17. Flame Skimmer, Libellula saturata
      18. Common Whitetail, Plathemis lydia
      19. Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.