6 April 2013: Muleshoe Ranch, Cochise, AZ

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013

      Muleshoe Ranch: Bass and Hot Springs Canyons, Cochise, AZ

      Sunny, at times breezy, 80 F

      Doug Danforth, Sandy Upson,and I spent today visiting Muleshoe Ranch and
      in particular Hot Springs Canyon with the hope of finding Cerulean
      Dancer, which was discovered at this location last October and, earlier
      this spring, along the not-too-distant San Pedro River.

      Even though we didn't find this species, we still ended up the day
      with another 14 species:

      * American Rubyspot, Hetaerina americana: 1
      * Canyon Rubyspot, Hetaerina vulnerata: 30+
      * Black-and-White Damsel,Apanisagrion lais: 20+
      * Spine-tipped Dancer, Argia extranea: 10
      * Lavender Dancer, Argia hinei: 10
      * Amethyst Dancer, Argia pallens: 8
      * Springwater Dancer, Argia plana: 100+
      * Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 40
      * Painted Damsel, Hesperagrion heterodoxum: 30
      * Mexican Forktail, Ischnura demorsa: 10
      * Blue-eyed/Arroyo Darner: 1
      * Flame Skimmer, Libellula saturata: 2
      * Red Rock Skimmer,Paltothemis lineatipes: 12
      * Filigree Skimmer, Pseudoleon superbus: 1 male

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.