Re: [SoWestOdes] Arizona CERULEAN DANCER: Part 2.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 10:29 AM
      It is fantastic, and it points out what some of us have been saying for a long time now.

      It's a lot easier to overlook species when people stop taking specimens of odonates as vouchers. ;-)

      This is of course no reflection on Pierre and others in Arizona, whose diligent photography is getting us all sorts of new records, more of a general plea not to terminate the traditional ways of finding species of odonates.

      As public opinion turns away from collecting, and as permitting regulations get more stringent, I feel that it is MORE important now to continue to preserve specimens wherever and whenever we can, as I can envision a future in which it isn't allowed at all. We will go on destroying habitats, but our misguided regulatory agencies (much more so in other countries) will put a stop to specimen-based research.

      Dennis

      dennispaulson@...