Re: [SoWestOdes] Arizona CERULEAN DANCER: Part 2.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
      FANTASTIC!
      I'm updating my website to reflect these dates and linking to your
      images and comparisons.
      I assume you've already posted these to Odonata Central.
      I wonder how many times we overlook new species, esp. with the damsels
      which are so small.
      Well done!!

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
        It is fantastic, and it points out what some of us have been saying for a long time now.

        It's a lot easier to overlook species when people stop taking specimens of odonates as vouchers. ;-)

        This is of course no reflection on Pierre and others in Arizona, whose diligent photography is getting us all sorts of new records, more of a general plea not to terminate the traditional ways of finding species of odonates.

        As public opinion turns away from collecting, and as permitting regulations get more stringent, I feel that it is MORE important now to continue to preserve specimens wherever and whenever we can, as I can envision a future in which it isn't allowed at all. We will go on destroying habitats, but our misguided regulatory agencies (much more so in other countries) will put a stop to specimen-based research.

        Dennis

        dennispaulson@...