Patagonia Lake State Park, Santa Cruz County,AZ

  • douglas danforth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      I checked out Patagonia Lake area yesterday March 18th and although it is a similar elevation to California Gulch it had far less activity with only 5 species seen versus 12 Friday at California Gulch. Weather was not a factor as it was toasty warm. Making up for the lack of Ode activity was a very tame Elegant Trogon posing for photographs at the Sonoita Creek inlet area.

      Common Green Darner (Anax junius)-1
      Roseate Skimmer (Orthemis ferruginea)-4
      Aztec Dancer (Argia nahuana)-25
      Pacific Forktail (Ischnura cervula)-1