RFI: Flagstaff

  • croakie1
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013
      Hello,

      We're planning a trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas, probably in late July. It's primarily a birding trip but the group that is going are interested in everything and we'll also be looking at reptiles, mammals, butterflies, plants and odes.

      Two of the places we are possibly going to visit are the Arboretum at Flagstaff and the Pump House Greenway/Kachina Wetlands. Both of these areas should produce some odes and I have gone through Dennis Paulson's Western Field Guide and the Coconino County list from odonatacentral.org to identify the possible species that will be flying. Unfortunately almost everything shows having a long flight period that encompasses most of the summer.

      Can anyone give me a list of the most common odes we'll run into in this area and time period so that I can concentrate on learning the field marks for those? I don't expect a comprehensive list and expect to run into additional species but this would be a start.

      Thanks in advance and looking forward to my visit!

      Lois Stacey
      North Augusta, SC