12/05: Rio Salado, Phoenix, AZ.

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      I spent two hours early this afternoon (5 Dec.) checking things out at
      the Phoenix Rio Salado Habitat Restoration Area (Maricopa, AZ) and found
      7 species still flying. These included RED-TAILED PENNANT, MEXICAN
      AMBERWING, and DUSKY DANCER, which all represent new late flying dates
      for the state.

      See azdragonfly.net/news <http://azdragonfly.net/news> for pictures.

      Rio Salado, Phoenix; calm, sunny, 80F

      - Common Green Darner, Anax junius: 3

      - RED-TAILED PENNANT, Brachymesia furcata: 4+ males

      - MEXICAN AMBERWING, Perithemis intensa: 2 males

      - Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: ~15

      - Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: 5

      - Rambur's Forktail, Ischnura ramburii: ~20

      - DUSKY DANCER,Argia translata: 1 male

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ