Imperial County= HOT!!!!!

  • Doug Aguillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2004
      I finally got out of house and into the field for a trip to the blazing and humid Imperial Valley. Not alot of Odes, but a decent amount of species. Locations visited included.

      West Main Canal at Hwy 98 west of Calexico, New River Wetlands, Sonny Bono National Wildlife Refuge, Bob's Place (East Main Canal at the east end of Sinclair), Wister Unit near Hwy 111 (State Fish & Game Lands).

      Roseate Skimmers
      Mexican Amberwings
      Red Saddlebags
      Marl Pennant (Female- 3rd Imperial County record at the Sonny Bono NWR, where first record was last August, also maybe an early record).
      Widow Skimmers
      Blue Dashers
      Western Pondhawks
      Common Green Darners