10/31

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      31 October 2012.

      Today my wife Dany and I visited three locations in Maricopa Co, to get
      an idea of how many species are still flying. We found a total of 30
      species, the best being a (continuing) TEZPI DANCER and STRIPED
      SADDLEBAGS – details below.

      For information on locations, see azdragonfly.net
      <http://azdragonfly.net/locations>

      Wild Horse Pass, 10:30 AM – 11:50 AM

      1. * Common Green Darner, Anax junius: 10
      2. * Blue-eyed Darner, Rhionaeschna multicolor: 2
      3. * White-belted Ringtail, Erpetogomphus compositus: 1
      4. * Flame Skimmer, Libellula saturata: 4
      5. * Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 10
      6. * Red-tailed Pennant, Brachymesia furcata: 2
      7. * Mexican Amberwing, Perithemis intensa: 3
      8. * Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 6
      9. * Blue Dasher, Pachydiplax longipennis: 15
      10. * Western Pondhawk, Erythemis collocata: 7
      11. * Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 10
      12. * TEZPI DANCER, Argia tezpi: 1 continuing male (first seen
      10/24)
      13. * Rambur's Forktail, Ischnura ramburii: 30
      14. * Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: 25
      15. * Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 1
      16. * Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: 2

      Papago Park, Phoenix, 12:30 PM – 1:45 PM

      1. Common Green Darner, Anax junius: 10
      2. Blue-eyed Darner, Rhionaeschna multicolor: 1
      3. Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 6
      4. * Black Saddlebags, Tramea lacerata: 10
      5. * STRIPED SADDLEBAGS, Tramea calverti: 5 males
      6. Red-tailed Pennant, Brachymesia furcata: 4
      7. Blue Dasher, Pachydiplax longipennis: 4
      8. Mexican Amberwing, Perithemis intensa: 20
      9. * Black Setwing, Dythemis nigrescens: 3
      10. Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 2
      11. Rambur's Forktail, Ischnura ramburii: common
      12. * Citrine Forktail, Ischnura hastata: 1 male
      13. Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 15
      14. Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: 5
      15. Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 1
      16. * Dusky Dancer, Argia translata: 1 pair in tandem

      Jewel of the Creek Preserve (Cave Creek), 2:40 PM – 4 PM

      1. * Serpent Ringtail, Erpetogomphus lampropeltis: 1
      2. * Neon Skimmer, Libellula croceipennis: 4 males
      3. Flame Skimmer, Libellula saturata: 2
      4. Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 1
      5. Mexican Amberwing, Perithemis intensa: 10
      6. Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 20
      7. * Great Spreadwing, Archilestes grandis: 25
      8. Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 10
      9. * Springwater Dancer, Argia plana: common
      10. * Aztec Dancer, Argia nahuana: 2 males
      11. * Sooty Dancer, Argia lugens: 1 male
      12. * Lavender Dancer, Argia hinei: 3
      13. Citrine Forktail, Ischnura hastata: 30
      14. * Painted Damsel, Hesperagrion heterodoxum: 8
      15. Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: 1 pair in tandem
      16. * Canyon Rubyspot, Hetaerina vulnerata: 10

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.