Sycamore Canyon, Santa Cruz County,AZ

  • douglas danforth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012
      Rich Bailowitz and I checked out Sycamore Canyon yesterday, October 23, 2012. It was pretty slow for odonata but we did manage to turn up 21 species. Highlight was a late by 19 days Sabino Dancer just above the big plunge pool.

      American Rubyspot(Hetaerina americana)-8
      Great Spreadwing (Archilestes grandis)-30
      Black and White Damsel (Apanisagrion lais)-12
      Spiney-tipped Dancer (Argia extranea)-30
      Lavender Dancer (Argia inei)-12
      Fiery-eyed Dancer(Argia oenea)-3
      Springwater Dancer (Argia plana)-6
      Sabino Dancer (Argia Sabino)-1 male
      Familiar Bluet (Enallagma civile)-6
      Arroyo Bluet (Enallagma praevarum)-10
      Painted Damsel (Hesperagrion heterodoxum)-8
      Mexican Forktail(Ischnurademorsa)-8
      Desert Firetail(Telebasis salva)-10

      Persephone's Darner (Aeshna persephone)-6
      Plateau Dragonlet (Erythrodiplax basifusca)-1
      Neon Skimmer (Libellula croceipennis)-2
      Flame Skimmer (Libellula saturata)-6
      Roseate Skimmer (Orthemis ferruginea)-2
      Mexican Amber wing (Perithemis intensa)-5
      Filigree Skimmer (Psuedoleon superbus)-4
      Variegated Meadowhawk (Sympetrum corruptum)-40

      Doug Danforth
      Bisbee, AZ