10/21: Roper Lake State Park, Graham Co., AZ

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2012
      Yesterday my wife Dany and I visited Roper Lake SP, Graham Co., AZ,
      where we found 24 species still flying – see list below.

      After Roper L. we stopped by at Cluff Ranch Pond, also Graham Co., where
      we added Pale-faced Clubskimmer, Brechmorhoga mendax, Mexican Amberwing,
      Perithemis intensa, and Dusky Dancer, Argia translata, to the day list,
      for a total of 27 species.

      Roper Lake State Park, 11 AM – 2:15 PM

      Mostly sunny, breezy, 80 F

      1. Red-tailed Pennant, Brachymesia furcata: common
      2. Checkered Setwing, Dythemis fugax: 3 males
      3. Black Setwing, Dythemis nigrescens: 2
      4. Western Pondhawk, Erythemis collocata: 1 male
      5. Comanche Skimmer, Libellula comanche: 2 males
      6. Widow Skimmer, Libellula luctuosa: 3
      7. Marl Pennant, Macrodiplax balteata: 1 male
      8. Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 2
      9. Blue Dasher, Pachydiplax longipennis: 15
      10. Eastern Amberwing, Perithemis tenera: 1 male
      11. Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: abundant (100s)
      12. Black Saddlebags, Tramea lacerata: 1
      13. Common Green Darner, Anax junius: 5-10
      14. Blue-eyed Darner, Rhionaeschna multicolor: common
      15. American Rubyspot, Hetaerina americana: 2 males
      16. Kiowa Dancer, Argia immunda: 10
      17. Aztec Dancer, Argia nahuana: 3 males
      18. Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 10
      19. Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 10
      20. Double-striped Bluet, Enallagma basidens: 25
      21. Tule Bluet, Enallagma carunculatum: 2 males
      22. Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: common
      23. Mexican Forktail, Ischnura demorsa: 1 male
      24. Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: 15

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.

    • pierredeviche