Black Pondhawk, 1st Record for NM!

  • Troy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012
      This morning while searching Last Chance Canyon in the Guadalupe Mts of Eddy Co, NM, for Yellow-legged Ringtails (of which we found in excess of 15 individuals), Dad & I found and photographed a clean, unworn female Black Pondhawk (Erythemis attala) and were able to get a nice series of photographs. This was the highlight to a Labor Day weekend trip that included 6 lifers for Dad and 2 for me, including Desert Shadowdamsel, Dashed Ringtail, Western River Cruiser, Arizona Snaketail, and Gray Sanddragon. Dad also turned up a Brimstone Clubtail (not a lifer for either of us, but still a great bug) along the Rio Grande in Dona Ana Co.

      Anyway, will post details after work tomorrow.

      Troy Hibbitts
      Brackettville, TX