RFI: Flagstaff questions

  • croakie1
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2012
      Good morning. I'm in the planning stages of a possible trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and the Flagstaff area for next year, I've never been that far west before. Will odes be flying (and butterflies if anyone knows) in late May or early June? We're trying to determine what time to come for the best overall nature watching experience (birds, bugs, plants, etc).

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Lois Stacey
      North Augusta, SC
    • MillerHerps@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2012
        Hello,

        I live in Sedona AZ and hike through out the state. The dragonflies, wildflowers and butterflies at that elevation, June is the better month to see more variety than May. July in Flagstaff during the monsoon season there are a better variety of wildflowers which brings more butterflies. If the is a water source that has been avaiabe for most of the year, there will be a variety of dragonfly species. You can contact me at Millerherps@... if you like. Take care,

        Rod