West Fork, Oak Creek Canyon, Coconino Co., AZ, Saturday, July 21

  • jimburns1029
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2012
      Yesterday, hoping for Apache Spiketail and Arizona Snaketail, I oded the West Fork of Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona in Coconino County, from 9:00am until thunderstorms drove me out around 12:30. I got to the 7th creek crossing, about 1.5 miles.

      8 species seen:

      Canyon Rubyspot (common)
      Tonto Dancer (common)
      Sooty Dancer (common)
      Riffle Darner (10 including 1 female ovipositing)
      Arizona Snaketail (1)
      Common Whitetail (4 males)
      Flame Skimmer (3 males)
      Red Rock Skimmer (4males)