Re: [SoWestOdes] Fw: [gl_odonata] 2013

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
      Chris,

      I think it's just that no one wanted to discourage you. If the point of doing a Big Year is to see how many odonate species you can find, why not just do it? Especially if there is no particular record you're trying to achieve. Yes, drought can reduce greatly the number of individual odonates and presumably make some species downright scarce, but there are usually individuals around if you can find the right place. Maybe you'll just have to work a little harder!

      Dennis

      dennispaulson@...