June 24, Seven Springs, Tonto National Forest, Maricopa Co., AZ

  • jimburns1029
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2012
      12:30pm to 3:30pm, sunny, hot, humid

      I found 9 species at Seven Springs this afternoon. For reasons unbeknownst to me, a daily forest service pass is not needed to park in the Seven Springs Recreation Area this summer.

      Canyon Rubyspot--1 male
      Lavender Dancer--common
      Aztec Dancer--common
      Springwater Dancer--common
      Sooty Dancer--several

      Blue-eyed Darner--2 males
      Flame Skimmer--several, including females ovipositing
      Western Pondhawk--1 female
      Blue Dasher--several

      Jim Burns
      Scottsdale, AZ