new Butterfly book

  • Kathy Biggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2004
      Hi all,

      I know that most of us are also interested in the other critters in our
      natural world, and esp. butterflies, so I wanted to share about the
      absolutely fabulous new bfly book that just came out this spring:
      Butterflies of Anza-Borrego State Park & Environs
      & their Favorite Flowering Plants

      Its title lists AB State Park, but the book should be useful in many
      many other places. It not only contains good (fairly large) photographs
      of all the species with wings open and closed, but shows their
      caterpillars, eggs and often the host plants as well. In the back cover
      their is a pocket with a butterfly checklist

      This wonderful guide is written by Lynn & Gene Monroe who have been
      sending me dfly sightings from AB Park for several years now.

      You can learn more about the book at http://www.graniteridgenature.com/

      The website has 2 insect photo galleries and the CO. one even has a
      pale snaketail (female) photo at the bottom.

      Anyway, I heartily recommend this book to anyone who at least travels
      into southern CA.

      Thanks for a great book Lynn!

      Kathy Biggs