10 Dec. 2011: N. Maricopa Co., AZ: seven spp. still flying.
- Jewel of the Creek Preserve N. of Cave Creek, Maricopa, AZ
12:45 PM 3 PM
Mostly sunny, calm/light breeze, 69 F
I visited the above location yesterday (12/10) afternoon. With low
temperatures in the 30s during the past few days, I didn't expect
much and so was pleasantly surprised to find seven species still flying
details below. These included ~10 ARROYO BLUETS that provide a new
late flying date for this species in AZ.
Photos and information on location: see http://azdragonfly.net/
* Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 1
* Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: ~10 males; see
* California Dancer, Argia agrioides: 1 male
* Springwater Dancer, Argia plana: 5 males
* Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: 1 male
* Citrine Forktail, Ischnura hastata: 1 female
* Great Spreadwing, Archilestes grandis: 3, inc. 1 pair in tandem
Pierre Deviche, Phoenix AZ.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]