6 Nov 2011: Salt River E. of Phoenix, Maricopa, AZ.

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011
      6 November 2011.

      Winter must be closing in…

      I visited the Salt River Recreation Area E. of Phoenix, Maricopa, this
      afternoon and came up with a mighty total of just ten species –
      details below.

      Weather: mostly sunny, calm/light breeze, 64 F.

      Photos and information on locations: see azdragonfly.net
      <http://azdragonfly.net/>

      Granite Reef, 12:40 PM – 1:30 PM

      * Common Green Darner, Anax junius: 1
      * Aeschnid sp. (prob.Blue-eyed Darner): 1
      * Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 10
      * Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 2
      * Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: widespread
      * Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: 1 male
      * Rambur's Forktail, Ischnura ramburii: 1
      * Pacific Forktail, Ischnura cervula: 2
      * Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: 5

      -

      Sheep Crossing, 2 PM – 3 PM

      * Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: 2
      * Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 3
      * Pacific Forktail, Ischnura cervula: 2
      * American Rubyspot, Hetaerina americana: 30(mostly males)

      -

      Phon Sutton, 3:20 PM – 4 PM

      * Variegated Meadowhawk,Sympetrum corruptum: 3
      * Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: 1
      * Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 2

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.