Grand Co., Utah July 12

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12 9:49 PM
      Drove into Moab yesterday on HWY 128, alongside the Colorado River, on
      the 'back side' of Arches NP.
      We found Canyon Rubyspots at two locations.
      Dewey Bridge - 2-3 males, photographed 2
      Then we collected 2 specimens from a flooded sandbar near MM25; we
      believe these will be the county vouchers for Grand Co.

      Then today(7/12) we drove into Arches National Park where we found 9
      species along the trail to Delicate Arch, all but 1 at the bridge over
      the Delicate Arch Wash:
      Paiute Dancer - 1 m, very poor photo
      Plains Forktail - several, photos
      No/Bo Bluet - hope to ID from photos
      Darner sp, not Anax - 1 over the arch entrance
      Eight-spotted Skimmer - 1 m, sight record only for Grand Co.
      Widow Skimmer - many, inc. 1 mature male and a female ovipositing -
      photo record for Grand Co.
      Flame Skimmer - at least 1 male - photo record for Grand Co.
      Black Saddlebags - 1 - sight record only for Grand Co.
      Eastern/Western Pondhawk - photos of each. Species tbd from
      photos....male was a Western for sure!

      Cheers!!
      Kathy & Dave Biggs
    • Kathy or
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
        In the report below, please substitute American Rubyspots for Canyon Rubyspots. Thanks!!
        Kathy