Colorado Odes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      We 'oded' our way from Craig to Walden. Our report for 7/7/2011:

      Moffat County
      Loudy Simpson Park, Hwy 394 @ Yampa Rv, Craig - had to wait for
      sunshine,got up to ~80 when we left
      10:30-12:16
      Bluets - species to be determined, No/Bo type
      Dot-tailed Whiteface - many
      possibly other Whitefaces, all teneral, ID tbd
      Eight-spotted Skimmer - 2 m
      Four-spotted Skimmer - photo, possibly a county record
      Meadowhawk sp, photo, ID tbd
      possible Saffron-winged Meadowhawk, teneral, no photo

      Routt County
      Yampa River State Wildlife Area 1:00 -1: 15; 86F
      Cherry-faced Meadowhawk - photos & specimen
      Meadowhawk sp - ID tbd - possibly Saffron-winged
      Emerald Spreadwing - 1 m
      Pond damsel sp

      Routt County
      Yampa River State Park 1:34 -1: 50; 86F
      Striped Meadowhawk - photos
      Four-spotted Skimmer
      Common Green Darner - 1m;possibly a county sight only record
      Saffron-winged Meadowhawk - possibly county photo record
      Eight-spotted Skimmer - 1 m - possibly county photo record
      Dot-tailed Whiteface - many - possibly county photo record
      White-faced Meadowhawk - photo
      Bluet sp - ID tbd

      Jackson County
      Walden, wetland