Mites on Boreal Whiteface

  • Jim Stuart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
       Some time back, I believe Dennis Paulson asked about records of mites on dragonfly species, although it may have been for families other than the Libellulidae. I was photo'ing Boreal Whiteface and other odes in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico the other day. I have seen mites on Cherry-faced Meadowhawk at this site later in the summer, but have not noticed them on Whiteface until I cropped this photo of a pair in wheel:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartwildlife/5890663647/

      Thanks,
      Jim

      James N. Stuart