37Re: [SoWestOdes] 5 Dec Archilestes grandis

  • Kathy and Dave Biggs
    Dec 6, 2003
      Hi Bob (and all),

      Lots of folks asked about you last nite at the Marin Audubon meeting
      where I gave a presentation on the Bay Area dragonflies. A special hello
      to Bob from Tony Harlow, who I finally got to meet!

      It must feel nice to still be seeing odes!

      I've been collecting flight data on all the southwest species. Here's
      what I currently have for A. grandis:

      A. grandis:

      all SW early all SW late
      march 01/14/60

      CA early CA late
      march 01/14/60

      AZ early AZ late
      4/17/AZ 12/3/AZ --- so your recent sighting changes this! :-)

      NM early NM late
      5/11/rl 10/19/rl

      NV early NV late
      x x

      UT early UT late
      x x

      CO early CO late
      8/30/LM 9/10/LM

      Nearby:
      early late
      Mar. 17 (TX) Oct. 30 (OK).

      I'll post this on the SoWest Files site so anyone who wants to can up
      load it. I know that Rich Bailowitz, Sandy Upson and Doug Danforth are
      keeping flight data for AZ. Hopefully someone from each state will.

      Kathy Biggs
      Sebastopol CA

      Where it is raining right now.

      Biggs Family Nesting Site http://www.sonic.net/~bigsnest