Re: [SoCalFire] Last day...

  • Firehouse16
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      We can't wait for him! ;-)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Nick, KG6NMP
      To: norcalfire ; socalfire@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 7:53 AM
      Subject: [SoCalFire] Last day...

      Everyone down in RRU better get their ways in order, cause one of the
      best is on his way down. BTU and everyone involved will miss him...

      Nick

      <http://www.chicoer.com/Stories/0,1413,135~25088~1926931,00.html#>

      After 30 years as a Butte County Fire/CDF firefighter, Division Chief
      John Hawkins is leaving for an assignment in Riverside County. On
      Friday, CDF Capt. Russ Fowler read a touching farewell to Hawkins during
      the department's 8 a.m. radio check: "Today is Chief John Hawkins' last
      day in the Butte unit. With mixed emotions, we wish Chief Hawkins
      success and happiness as he continues his unique brand of leadership in
      the Riverside unit. We all owe Chief Hawkins our gratitude. To get all
      of us home safe and sound has always been his motivation. Chief, as a
      true firefighter's firefighter, you've shown us the way ... What more
      can we say?" At left, Hawkins (center) gives some parting words of
      wisdom to firefighter Marcus Ekdahl (left) and engineer Frank Zarate at
      Station 44 on Fair Street Friday.