FLE's (fire line explosives)

  • wayne johnston
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
      Have they been using FLE's on any of the fires to create a firebreak???
    • captscott
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
        Over near Devore, we did see them using a firework type device that was shot into the brush and went off like fireworks. Also saw the usual flares shot into the hillsides to do backfires.

        Scott
        Have they been using FLE's on any of the fires to create a firebreak???

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Mike Meadows
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
          It's a magesium (sp) flare that can be shot out of a flare gun type
          pistol up to maybe a 100 yards.....the flare hits and takes a few
          seconds to go off in a fireworks like display, spraying burning magesuim
          in a radius of about 10 feet.....very efficiant

          captscott wrote:

          > Over near Devore, we did see them using a firework type device that
          > was shot into the brush and went off like fireworks. Also saw the
          > usual flares shot into the hillsides to do backfires.
          >
          > Scott

          [Click to learn more...]

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            captscott I'm talking about the big yellow and orange cord they lay that
            can clear an area of everything (better and faster than a dozer)