Lytle IC

  • Kristina M Norris
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
      Air Assets: Tankers 70,72,73, 55 and Pooper Scooper T-262. Visibility
      real bad, some reloads being done out of Fox. HT-735 plus H 534
      confirmed on site. Will update when possible
    • cywildfire
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
        Thanks
        Air Assets: Tankers 70,72,73, 55 and Pooper Scooper T-262. Visibility
        real bad, some reloads being done out of Fox. HT-735 plus H 534
        confirmed on site. Will update when possible

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Kristina M Norris
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
          HT-734 and H 305 also noted
        • bb911
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
            Last heard: Devil's Canyon Res., Lost Lake, and L. Silverwood being
            used for helo. loading. Mt. Lakes not being used.

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Kristina M Norris"
            <nativemartian@s...> wrote:
            > HT-734 and H 305 also noted
          • Kristina M Norris
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
              Dumb question, how small of a lake can a CL-215 (T-262) operate off
              of? Noted he was reloading at SB ATB.
            • Kristina M Norris
              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                I thought I heard someone mention T-162 but as far as I know it is
                not assigned to the fire. They may have meant T-262 whose radio
                traffic has been noticeably missing at times. Confirm HT 734. Saw it
                fly over SB ATB> Big orange thing
              • bb911
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                  I've been busy trying to listen to: too many fires. Did you hear a
                  HT-792 on the Lytle Fire? Thought I did.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Acreage update: 400 acres with a potential of 1500 to 2000.
                  • Chris Halladay
                    Message 9 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                      Kristina:

                      Does anyone know how this fire started?

                      Chris Halladay

                      Acreage update: 400 acres with a potential of 1500 to 2000.

                      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ELTolB/TM

                      .

                    • Craig Lindstrom
                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                        Currently Arson... They are invterviewing someone that had seen suspicious
                        people as the fire started...
                        Acreage update: 400 acres with a potential of 1500 to 2000.

                        To contact the list owner, send an e-mail to
                        SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

                        .

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Message 11 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                          Heard AA talking to T-162 and T-07. Briefings at 0630 in the morning
                          both at Fox and San Bernardino. T-262 has been dipping at Silverwood
                          Lake.
                        • Mike Meadows
                          Message 12 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                            Just got back from the fire. laying down now. If they cant pick it up in
                            the morning, could get real bad...Around 5pm, winds were upcanyon around
                            15 to 20. Tons of fuel up there. Helitankers were gasing up at
                            Arrowhead. Never saw the CL215.....

                            Kristina M Norris wrote:

                            > Acreage update: 400 acres with a potential of 1500 to 2000.
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            [Image]

                            Message 13 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                              Kris, I saw the start point about 6 miles up the canyon, next to the
                              road....The potential could be up in the thousands of acres. Nothing
                              between the fire and the mountain lakes but fuel. Was pretty awesome
                              watching it go through the timber.....

                              Chris Halladay wrote:

                              > Kristina:
                              >
                              > Does anyone know how this fire started?
                              >
                              > Chris Halladay

                              [Image]

                              Message 14 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
                                helitanker 734 and 735 were also dipping out of Silverwood...

                                Kristina M Norris wrote:

                                > Heard AA talking to T-162 and T-07. Briefings at 0630 in the morning
                                > both at Fox and San Bernardino. T-262 has been dipping at Silverwood
                                > Lake.
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                [Image]