Re: [SoCalFire] Re: 1994 Northridge earthquake

  • Mike Meadows
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2003
      I know Chief Schnieder and he usually does tell it like it is...saw him
      at many working structure fires in the area and he doesn't like to call
      for help so when he does call for additional resources, better go cuz he
      has a heck of a fire going.

      wayne johnston wrote:

      > Harry Yes I'd class that as unofficial! he really kb (kick butt) :-))
      >
      > Harry Marnell wrote:
      >
      > > I don't know of any other "unofficial" reports, but I believe that
      > > second
      > > one by Battalion Chief Schneider may indeed be unofficial... he
      > really
      > >
      > > doesn't pull any punches, and it's on the LAFD Historical Society
      > > site, not
      > > the official department website. Perhaps he retired before (or
      > > quickly
      > > after!) he published it.
      > >
      > > Harry

      [click here]

      > SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

    • wayne johnston
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
        I was told that LAFD and LACOFD since northridge have put seismic
        sensors on the station doors so they don't get trapped in again can
        anybody confirm this? Also something they have in Japan is seismic
        sensors on gas meters so any gas that's between the shut off valve and
        the building can't escape through broken fittings. Do they have them in
        Los Angeles too?

        Mike Meadows wrote:

        > I know Chief Schnieder and he usually does tell it like it is...saw
        > him
        > at many working structure fires in the area and he doesn't like to
        > call
        > for help so when he does call for additional resources, better go cuz
        > he
        > has a heck of a fire going.
        >
        > wayne johnston wrote:
        >
        > > Harry Yes I'd class that as unofficial! he really kb (kick butt)
        > :-))
        > >
        > > Harry Marnell wrote:
        > >
        > > > I don't know of any other "unofficial" reports, but I believe
        > that
        > > > second
        > > > one by Battalion Chief Schneider may indeed be unofficial... he
        > > really
        > > >
        > > > doesn't pull any punches, and it's on the LAFD Historical Society
        > > > site, not
        > > > the official department website. Perhaps he retired before (or
        > > > quickly
        > > > after!) he published it.
        > > >
        > > > Harry

        [Image]