San Diego new fire station six

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 15, 2003
      I heard that when they build the new station six in san diego they
      well be adding another truck to the station.Any idea what that truck
      could be at station six.I know they have a engine.Could it be a
      truck or a rescue or a brush?Does anyone know why there is no
      station 45 they skipped 45 on the nubering.Why do they have station
      54 in san diego I thought all the stations in the fifties where in
      poway?
    • Timmac840@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 16, 2003
        Anyone know why there is now Station 35 for Pasadena?
      • pfdhr3391101
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 17, 2003
          --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Timmac840@a... wrote:
          > Anyone know why there is now Station 35 for Pasadena?

          There is no Station 35 due to the station is in the path of the unfinished portion of the Long Beach Freeway. The building still stands, but is a private residence. It stands just a few blocks south of Huntington Hosp. along Pasadena Ave.

          Casey
        • Danny
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 17, 2003
            Thank you Casey, now all we need to do is figure out what prompted Timmac to ask the question!

            Danny

            > Anyone know why there is now Station 35 for Pasadena?

            There is no Station 35 due to the station is in the path of the unfinished portion of the Long Beach Freeway. The building still stands, but is a private residence. It stands just a few blocks south of Huntington Hosp. along Pasadena Ave.

            Casey

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Rob
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 21, 2003

              CAn anyone anwser this questions for me please thank you,and have a
              great week end

              - In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <RC112576@a...> wrote:
              > I heard that when they build the new station six in san diego they
              > well be adding another truck to the station.Any idea what that
              truck
              > could be at station six.I know they have a engine.Could it be a
              > truck or a rescue or a brush?Does anyone know why there is no
              > station 45 they skipped 45 on the nubering.Why do they have
              station
              > 54 in san diego I thought all the stations in the fifties where in
              > poway?
            • Duane
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 22, 2003
                >Rob,
                Here's what I know from my sources and what was put out when the
                general bond was approved by the City Council. Station 45 is supposed
                to be on the west end of Mission Valley, unknown what equipment or
                number of companies it will have when it opens. FS 2 will be at
                Coryell Pass (for the life of me I can never remember the name of the
                darned street that becomes the main entrance to the stadium) where
                the current employee parking lot is. It will house the Haz Mat team
                when built. As has been discussed, 46's will be in the north part of
                Rancho Penisquitos (sp?). I'll try to get in touch with my buddies at
                SDFD and see if I can find out more.

                Check out my Epson PhotoCenter Online Photo Albums:
                http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4001872

              • RC112576@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 22, 2003
                  Thank you very much for answering my questions.I look forward to hearing if
                  you find out in more info.I had no idea that there was even a station 45 at
                  all. well take care and have a great weekend.Rob

                • Duane
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 30, 2003
                    Okay, here's an update. I was able to talk to one of my sources in
                    SDFD dispatch. Here's the info he gave me...

                    Regarding new stations: FS 46 is 50-60% complete. It will have a 2003
                    Pierce Engine like was delivered in 2002. They were looking at a
                    quint but the only one to like the quint was the Chief.

                    Land has not been puchased for FS 2. It will be "in the area of
                    Qualcom. FS 45's location/district isn't known yet, either.

                    Currect Stations/Equipment:
                    New OES Engine at FS 12-OES 302.

                    Copter in service as of today (on fire in Dehesa).

                    E49 is now E201 (at least until FS 2 is in service).

                    FS 12 is about to be demolished and rebuild started. E12 will be in a
                    mobile home park off 47th st. T12/M12 moving to FS 19 and BC 12 will
                    moved to FS 11.

                    In regards to FS 6's rebuild, it has been discussed about adding
                    equipment. If there is a truck out of the station, it may be 29's
                    moved from that station.

                    Brush 18 is now at FS 14's and redesignated Br 14. Brush 140 is now
                    at FS 35 and redesignated Brush 35.

                    I have 3 good sources in SDFD dispatch, so I will try to stay on top
                    of updates, at least once a month. The dispatcher I talked to today
                    did state there are a lot of discussion/rumors flying around right
                    now. So like I said, I'll try to update often.-Duane