Rancho Cucamunga Stations...

  • Brent Corbin
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2001
      Somebody asked for info on some Rancho stations -

      ----- Forwarded message from -----
      >Hey..
      >
      > Amethyst N/O 19th.St. -- Station 171 (ME171, WT171)
      >
      > Banyan St. E/O Deer Creek -- Station 175 (ME175, MR175[Medic-Rescue], WT175,
      > B2115) This is a "Technical Rescue" Station.
      >
      > Baseline W/O Day Creek -- Station 173 (ME173, HAZMAT 173) - hazmat station
      >
      > Etiwanda S/O Highland -- this is a U.S. Forest Service Station. I've been
      > over there several times, but I can't remember the Sta. #.
      >
      > San Bernardino Rd. W/O Archibald -- Sta. 172 (ME172)
      >
      > Milliken and Jersey -- Sta. 174 (ME174, T174, BRUSH E174), Mercy Air 1

      > Hope this helps..

      > --D
      ----- End forwarded message -----
    • Angie
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2001
        --- In SoCalFire@y..., Brent Corbin <corbin@p...> wrote:
        > Somebody asked for info on some Rancho stations -
        > > Etiwanda S/O Highland -- this is a U.S. Forest Service Station.
        I've been over there several times, but I can't remember the Sta. #.

        Not sure of the station number either but it's Engine 37 and is part
        of the Front Country Ranger District, SBNF.

        Angie
        Fire Lookout Host Program
        SBNF
      • Van A Swanson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2001
          For some history on that station... about 20 years ago it used to be
          CDF/San Bernardino Ranger Unit "Etiwanda" Fire Station (AKA: Station 3,
          going by the CDF/SBRU-San Bernardino County Fire Department numbering
          system)... about 15 years ago when the SRA (State Responsibility Area)
          started to shrivel up in the Rancho Cucamonga area CDF closed that
          station down... sometime after that, back when the USFS had money, they
          used that station during fire season, also naming it Etiwanda and I do
          believe it was BDF engine 37 was running out of there... for the past
          several years (about 5 or so) that station has been sitting empty due to
          budget cutbacks... the USFS will only move an engine into there if there
          is a "real" need for it (i.e. high fire activity in the front country
          area in the Angeles NF and the San Bernardino NF) and that is only until
          the activity levels go down... last time I remember they staffed an
          engine out of that station it was only for about a week or two - and that
          was it for the whole season.

          On Fri, 11 May 2001 22:23:33 -0000 "Angie" <xtinkshun@...> writes:
          --- In SoCalFire@y..., Brent Corbin <corbin@p...> wrote:
          > Somebody asked for info on some Rancho stations -
          > > Etiwanda S/O Highland -- this is a U.S. Forest Service Station.
          I've been over there several times, but I can't remember the Sta. #.

          Not sure of the station number either but it's Engine 37 and is part
          of the Front Country Ranger District, SBNF.

          Angie
          Fire Lookout Host Program
          SBNF

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor