VENTURA COUNTY HELO

  • raven@accessbee.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2002
      I must have missed this one; anybody have further info:

      24 November 2002 Bell 205A-1 N205VC Ventura County Sheriff¹s Office. Rotor
      struck tree at rescue site near Santa Monica, California. Substantial damage
      reported. [FAA]

      Especially with the on-going debate over medical helicopter response in
      Ventura County:

      "CALIFORNIA: County health officials and a
      private air ambulance company appeared to
      end their differences over a year-old dispatch
      policy for emergency helicopter rescue units
      to Ventura County's back country in a recent
      report.
      But an official for Mercy Air has since said on
      the data used for the report was old and his
      company still believes it can provide more
      services to taxpayers at a lower cost than the
      Sheriff's Department, which also runs search-and-
      rescue-team helicopters.
      The report was requested in June after Aspen
      Helicopters owner Charles McLaughlin said
      his air ambulance company could save tax
      dollars and provide more services. Aspen
      leases a helicopter to Mercy Air, which staffs
      it with nurses, paramedics and medical
      equipment (Police Aviation News)"
    • FORD524
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2002
        I was just at the heliport last week, and N205VC is Copter 6. The crew
        cheif I talked to made no mention of anything. The helicopter was in
        perfect flying condition. I am not sure where they got that information.
        Nobody there made any mention of this incident. Copter 7 is down right now
        for its annual ovrehaul though.....

        Patrick
        Fireline Photography
        EMT-B