LAFD 4th of July + 2 plane crashes

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2001
      For a pleasant (??) way to spend a few minutes on a sunday evening, I'm
      doing a trial broadcast of a recording of LAFD from July 4, 1979 - a hot,
      windy evening - with only VHF Low-band radios for communications; a lot of
      the cutting out is from the original tape (off a BC210!). Also the last
      couple minutes of Alaska Airlines flight 261 into the ocean off Ventura in
      feb, 2000 and United Flight 232 which crash-landed at Sioux City Iowa, but
      had a nearly 50% survival total.

      I've tried to beef up the output....signal reports would be
      appreciated...though I'm only going out on a 56k modem at 49k right now

      Online at http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=hmarnell

      (look for hmarnell OR scanner OR "Scanner in Rural No Calif - and recorded
      incidents"