Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Any updates on the ANF fire or the I-5 Fire?

  • Karl Dahlquist
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2002
      there was an interesting exchange on LASD ATAC during evacuations...a woman
      was waving her gun at deputies....at first she was saying she would shoot
      anyone who came near here house, then changed that to she would shoot
      herself if her house burned.....She kept hanging up on 911, until her phone
      lines burned.........I think they charged her, because they took her into
      custody and evacuated her....some tense moments when the Sgt couldnt raise
      them for a couple minutes on the air...

      also heard some traffic about an LASD Ford Expedition that had two tires
      melt while they were racing out of the area....I think they parked the truck
      at a ranger station and left it.....also heard that they wanted Air 5 to
      evac campers, but that it was in Ventura County doing something. There was
      one vehicle left at a trailhead, they couldnt find the driver who was hiking
      a trail in the affected area, when the fire swept through the area...

      Also heard that one couple was "too drunk to evacuate" I think the deputies
      drove their car out with them.....
    • TK
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2002
        I heard 123.975 am and 135.975 in used by aircraft also...

        cor_ff_pm wrote:

        > LACo camp 19 is requesting immediate-need structure protection. BDF
        > s/t enroute.
        >
        > More freq's.
        >
        > 169.2 - Air Tactics
        > 170.000 - A/G (not confirmed as of yet but I think this one is a
        > given)

      • compcoach_2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2002
          The CHP CAD this afternoon reported that at least one of their
          vehicles got trapped on Hwy 39 between sections of the fire. It
          didn't approach them but they weren't going anywhere, either.

          --- In SoCalFire@y..., "Karl Dahlquist" <karldahlquist@v...> wrote:
          > there was an interesting exchange on LASD ATAC during
          evacuations...a woman
          > was waving her gun at deputies....at first she was saying she would
          shoot
          > anyone who came near here house, then changed that to she would
          shoot
          > herself if her house burned.....She kept hanging up on 911, until
          her phone
          > lines burned.........I think they charged her, because they took
          her into
          > custody and evacuated her....some tense moments when the Sgt
          couldnt raise
          > them for a couple minutes on the air...
          >
          > also heard some traffic about an LASD Ford Expedition that had two
          tires
          > melt while they were racing out of the area....I think they parked
          the truck
          > at a ranger station and left it.....also heard that they wanted Air
          > evac campers, but that it was in Ventura County doing something.
          There was
          > one vehicle left at a trailhead, they couldnt find the driver who
          was hiking
          > a trail in the affected area, when the fire swept through the
          area...

          > Also heard that one couple was "too drunk to evacuate" I think the
          deputies
          > drove their car out with them.....
        • e2442001
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2002
            I live in North Monrovia buy Canyon Park and I saw the header from
            the azusa fire that thing was huge

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2002
              Also were is the staging area for this incident in the ANF