Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Pine IC

  • Holz Jeff
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2002
      Answering your last post.From what I have heard the fire is at 10,000 + acres with numerous structures lost.I work for AMR here and we have sent up crews to work fire camp.
      Jeff Holz
      cywildfire <cy.phenice@...> wrote: fire is on the ch 4 news

      --- In SoCalFire@y..., "cywildfire" <cy.phenice@v...> wrote:
      > what I'm hearing looks like the fire is really threating the area
      of
      > Banner off of Hwy 78 and its burning hot at this time.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Mike Curtis (FCC)
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2002
        I drove up Sunrise Highway yesterday evening around 5pm to see what I could
        see. I WISH I would have had my camera with me. There was VERY active fire a
        good mile to two miles north of Sunrise around that area on the hillside
        burning towards the south (towards Sunrise Highway).

        Here's a MapPoint map with a pushpin at the address of La Cima -
        http://shorterlink.com/?EO70YP.

        It was not being actively fought at the time (the effort was to keep the
        fire out of Shelter Valley to the east and structure protection on the west
        side)

        There was at least one Blackhawk last night pulling buckets of water out of
        Lake Cuyamaca and flying in a north-easterly direction from the lake.

      • mountain1
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
          Per the lastest News Release the fire is at 20,950 acres and is 55%
          contained. Rsidents of Whispering Pines, Kentwood 1 and 2, and
          harrison Park were allowed to return back to their homes.

          Mike
          Pines Communications

          --- In SoCalFire@y..., Holz Jeff <jholzphoto@y...> wrote:

          > Answering your last post.From what I have heard the fire is at
          10,000 + acres with numerous structures lost.I work for AMR here and
          we have sent up crews to work fire camp.
          > Jeff Holz
        • Irishfiregirrl
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2002
            Mike,
            thanks for the update. haven't been able to see the sit report yet today so
            wondering (as Hemet has a OES engine and also CDF local engine on strike team
            down there as well).
            cheers,

            --- mountain1 <mountain@...> wrote:
            > Per the lastest News Release the fire is at 20,950 acres and is 55%
            > contained. Rsidents of Whispering Pines, Kentwood 1 and 2, and
            > harrison Park were allowed to return back to their homes.
            >
            > Mike
            > Pines Communications
            >
            > --- In SoCalFire@y..., Holz Jeff <jholzphoto@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Answering your last post.From what I have heard the fire is at
            > 10,000 + acres with numerous structures lost.I work for AMR here and
            > we have sent up crews to work fire camp.
            > > Jeff Holz

            =====
            DeeAnn BradleyHemet, So Cal-- Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done.

            http://health.yahoo.com