New Start: Near Porterville---Kern County

  • opalockamishabob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
      Battalion #5 responding to a veg fire "...off the 155...moderate rate of spread."

      155.625 MHz.

      Comms getting stepped on by locals, but when it's in the clear it's Q-5

      Alain...Valley Center

      [ain't tropospheric ducting a blast..."

    • opalockamishabob
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
        Also monitor 153.785 MHz...Kern II
      • Mike Derryberry
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
          On 6/30/2014 9:06 PM, opalockamishabob@... [SoCalFire] wrote:
          Battalion #5 responding to a veg fire "...off the 155...moderate rate of spread."

          155.625 MHz.

          Comms getting stepped on by locals, but when it's in the clear it's Q-5

          Alain...Valley Center

          [ain't tropospheric ducting a blast..."

          Not bad to hear Kern County in Valley Center. Interesting what you can hear at different times with different conditions. I haven't been listening tonight, but if there is any worthwhile traffic on the fire, you can hear it on my fire feed at http://energy10.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls

          I hope it doesn't turn into some huge mess. It's already too busy at work.

          Mike
          --
          miked911@...
          Mike Derryberry

          Dispatcher II
          Kern County Sheriff's Department
          Bakersfield, CA

          Listen to my department:
          http://energy10.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
          http://energy10.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
            On 6/30/2014 9:18 PM, opalockamishabob@... [SoCalFire] wrote:
            Also monitor 153.785 MHz...Kern II
            _
            Just FYI .. 153.785 is Kern1, 155.880 is Kern2  ;-)

            Mike
            --
            miked911@...
            Mike Derryberry

            Dispatcher II
            Kern County Sheriff's Department
            Bakersfield, CA

            Listen to my department:
            http://energy10.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

            Listen to Kern County Scanning:
            http://energy10.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

            Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
            http://energy10.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
          • Donald Timothy Tribble

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
                It is named the Evans Fire.
                Kern Co. FD
                Near Alta Sierra & Wooford Heights
                No report on conditions (size, ROS, etc.) at this time.

                Troy

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jun 30, 2014, at 9:52 PM, "Donald Timothy Tribble tribbledt@... [SoCalFire]" <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Isn't Porterville in Tulare County?

                On Jun 30, 2014 9:48 PM, "Mike Derryberry miked911@... [SoCalFire]" <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                On 6/30/2014 9:18 PM, opalockamishabob@... [SoCalFire] wrote:
                Also monitor 153.785 MHz...Kern II
                _
                Just FYI .. 153.785 is Kern1, 155.880 is Kern2  ;-)

                Mike
                --
                miked911@...
                Mike Derryberry

                Dispatcher II
                Kern County Sheriff's Department
                Bakersfield, CA

                Listen to my department:
                http://energy10.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                http://energy10.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                http://energy10.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls

                Posted by: Donald Timothy Tribble <tribbledt@...>