Fwd: Highrise Fire in Westwood, plus T27 in TC

  • Radio Lady
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2013

      Major Emergency Structure Fire
      11740 Wilshire Bl* 105 LAFD personnel assigned; Heavy smoke on 11th floor; Listen http://bit.ly/LAFD-AUDIO

      Tacs 13, 15, 18, and one or two more plus MDC Ch 9.

      Unconfirmed reports of occupantd down or trapped/ down on 10th & poss other floors

      Truck 27 involved in civilian-injury TC @ Santa Monica/Kings Rd while enroute.

      RL

    • Radio Lady
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2013

        Airborme Engine 39 unable

        On Oct 18, 2013 12:22 PM, "Radio Lady" <radiolady@...> wrote:

        > Major Emergency Structure Fire
        > 11740 Wilshire Bl* 105 LAFD personnel assigned; Heavy smoke on 11th floor; Listen http://bit.ly/LAFD-AUDIO
        >
        > Tacs 13, 15, 18, and one or two more plus MDC Ch 9.
        >
        > Unconfirmed reports of occupantd down or trapped/ down on 10th & poss other floors
        >
        > Truck 27 involved in civilian-injury TC @ Santa Monica/Kings Rd while enroute.
        >
        > RL

      • Radio Lady
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2013

          Helos including Airborne Engine 39 unable to land on roof due to the building's design.

          Additional companies and a 2nd USAR team still being dispatched for fire attack, search, and rehab.

          RL

        • tim wolfe
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2013

            What is Airborne Engine 39?

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 18, 2013
              Several companies have been designated and trained as Airborne Engine Companies. They are normally dispatched on all fires in High Rise Buildings. During their response, Airborne Engine Companies are designed to the Helicopter Coordinator or the Air Operations Branch Director. Upon approval of the Incident Commander or Operations Section Chief they may be deployed on the roof of the involved High Rise Building. Once deployed, the Airborne Engine will contact the Incident Commander for an assignment.

              I imagine, but don't know for sure, that 39s, 88s, and 90s, being stationed relatively near LAFD's heliport in Van Nuys, all have Airborne-trained firefighters.  Probably other companies around the city as well.

              RL

              .