New Start - Hwy 330

  • Benny
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 5:24 PM

      Bottom of Highway 330 & Highland Ave. (Highland Incident)

      TC with power lines down, into vegetation. Currently have 1/2 acre, with moderate rate of spread, potential for a couple hundred acres.

      The usual heavy compliment of ground crews, dozers & aircraft are all en route.

      Will have more info as things develop, very early yet.

      -Ben

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8518 (20130702) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • newnethboy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 5:35 PM
        I'm guessing this is San Bernardino County?

        > Bottom of Highway 330 & Highland Ave. (Highland Incident)
        >

        > TC with power lines down, into vegetation. Currently have 1/2 acre, with
        > moderate rate of spread, potential for a couple hundred acres.
        >

        > The usual heavy compliment of ground crews, dozers & aircraft are all en
        > route.
        >

        > Will have more info as things develop, very early yet.
        >

        > -Ben

      • Benny
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 5:44 PM

          AIR ATTACK 310 IS ALREADY RELEASING AIR TANKERS 72 AND 73 AS WELL AS HELICOPTER 901 AND HELITANKER 715 FROM THE HIGHLAND FIRE, WITH MORE TO BE RELEASED SHORTLY.

          GROUND CREWS MAKING GOOD PROGRESS ON THE FIRE, NO UPDATE YET ON LATEST SIZE/ACREAGE.

          -Ben

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2 5:45 PM

            Yessir.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2 5:57 PM

              Great pic, thanks!

              Forward rate of spread stopped at this time, continuing to release aircraft. Ended up with approx 8 acres, was not a threat to the forest.