Re: [SoCalFire] Spam

  • newnethboy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
      Exactly right, Wayne.

      Here's the standard advice:

      NEVER open a link or attachment received in email unless ALL of the
      following are true:

      1. You know the person who sent it.

      2. You know that person actually sent it.

      3. You know that person intended to send it.

      The vast majority of spam/phishing is being sent from cracked/hijacked email
      accounts, to actual contacts of the cracking victim. It was NOT really your
      grandmother who sent you a link to a porn site.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
        Re:Spam~  This is the most important thing that I have learned from this group being "older"...Be careful on what you click on.  Never will forget  when I first  joined and was asked if I still had a black dial up phone!& IBM Selectic Typewrit Ummm Those were the days!  "If only".

        BTW...Just peeked in to say thank you guys for all you post, I truly am honored to be linked to this terrific group, you guys so much information!  IMPORTANT.  I can always count of YOU!

        Have a Blessed Week!  Marilyn