Spam

  • KB6UJW BARRINGER Wayne
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
      This is kind of the "new reality" about using Internet e-mail.

      If an e-mail is posted with either a link only or some "great deal just
      click here" posting, it's spam.

      Just delete it.

      And if you reply back to the list, delete the link before sending.

      Like I say...it's kind of the "new reality" ...

      Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.

      -- Wb sends.

      ____________________

      Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
      InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com
      562.608-8624: Voice & Messages

      Volunteer Communications Network
      Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
      Internet: http://www.ZRICS.org
      Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)

      ###
    • newnethboy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
        Exactly right, Wayne.

        Here's the standard advice:

        NEVER open a link or attachment received in email unless ALL of the
        following are true:

        1. You know the person who sent it.

        2. You know that person actually sent it.

        3. You know that person intended to send it.

        The vast majority of spam/phishing is being sent from cracked/hijacked email
        accounts, to actual contacts of the cracking victim. It was NOT really your
        grandmother who sent you a link to a porn site.

        > This is kind of the "new reality" about using Internet e-mail.
        >
        > If an e-mail is posted with either a link only or some "great deal just
        > click here" posting, it's spam.
        >
        > Just delete it.
        >
        > And if you reply back to the list, delete the link before sending.
        >
        > Like I say...it's kind of the "new reality" ...
        >
        > Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.
        >
        > -- Wb sends.
        >
        > ____________________
        >
        > Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
        > InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com
        > 562.608-8624: Voice & Messages
        >
        > Volunteer Communications Network
        > Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
        > Internet: http://www.ZRICS.org
        > Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)
        >
        > ###

      • Marilyn Sass
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
          Re:Spam~  This is the most important thing that I have learned from this group being "older"...Be careful on what you click on.  Never will forget  when I first  joined and was asked if I still had a black dial up phone!& IBM Selectic Typewrit Ummm Those were the days!  "If only".

          BTW...Just peeked in to say thank you guys for all you post, I truly am honored to be linked to this terrific group, you guys so much information!  IMPORTANT.  I can always count of YOU!

          Have a Blessed Week!  Marilyn