- This is kind of the "new reality" about using Internet e-mail.
If an e-mail is posted with either a link only or some "great deal just
click here" posting, it's spam.
Just delete it.
And if you reply back to the list, delete the link before sending.
Like I say...it's kind of the "new reality" ...
Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.
-- Wb sends.
Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
562.608-8624: Voice & Messages
Volunteer Communications Network
Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)
- Exactly right, Wayne.
Here's the standard advice:
NEVER open a link or attachment received in email unless ALL of the
following are true:
1. You know the person who sent it.
2. You know that person actually sent it.
3. You know that person intended to send it.
The vast majority of spam/phishing is being sent from cracked/hijacked email
accounts, to actual contacts of the cracking victim. It was NOT really your
grandmother who sent you a link to a porn site.
----- Original Message -----
From: "KB6UJW BARRINGER Wayne" <kb6ujw@...>
To: <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>; <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:37 AM
Subject: [SoCalFire] Spam
> This is kind of the "new reality" about using Internet e-mail.
> If an e-mail is posted with either a link only or some "great deal just
> click here" posting, it's spam.
> Just delete it.
> And if you reply back to the list, delete the link before sending.
> Like I say...it's kind of the "new reality" ...
> Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.
> -- Wb sends.
> Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
> InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com
> 562.608-8624: Voice & Messages
> Volunteer Communications Network
> Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
> Internet: http://www.ZRICS.org
> Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)
- Re:Spam~ This is the most important thing that I have learned from this group being "older"...Be careful on what you click on. Never will forget when I first joined and was asked if I still had a black dial up phone!& IBM Selectic Typewrit Ummm Those were the days! "If only".BTW...Just peeked in to say thank you guys for all you post, I truly am honored to be linked to this terrific group, you guys so much information! IMPORTANT. I can always count of YOU!Have a Blessed Week! Marilyn