Re: [SoCalFire] Highland Fire RRU**UPDATE**

  • Chris Nichols
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
      650 acres.

      Chris

      This message was sent via Verizon Wireless Blackberry

      From: "Loyd Reedy" <Loydr@...>
      Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:18:22 -0700
      To: <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [SoCalFire] Highland Fire RRU

      Does anyone have the tail numbers of the 5 air tankers flying this fire?

    • Ryan Babroff
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012

        I just saw 1100 acres was the last estimated acreage.

        Ryan Babroff
        818-434-2967

        From: "Loyd Reedy" <Loydr@...>
        Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:18:22 -0700

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
          The 650 acres was per air attack about 4 mins ago.

          From: Ryan Babroff <r.babroff@...>
          Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:38:51 -0700
          To: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com<SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [SoCalFire] Highland Fire RRU**UPDATE**

          From: "Loyd Reedy" <Loydr@...>
          Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:18:22 -0700

          Does anyone have the tail numbers of the 5 air tankers flying this fire?

        • bbfires
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
            I heard IC say his best guess was 1100, but that was when he put in a very large resource order quite some time ago.

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Babroff <r.babroff@...> wrote:

            > I just saw 1100 acres was the last estimated acreage.
            >
            > Ryan Babroff
            > r.babroff@...
            > 818-434-2967
            >
            > On Jun 16, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Chris Nichols <chris3560@...> wrote:
            >
            > > 650 acres.
            > >

            > > Chris
            > >

            > > This message was sent via Verizon Wireless Blackberry
            > > From: "Loyd Reedy" <Loydr@...>
            > > Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
            > > Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:18:22 -0700
            > > To: <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
            > > ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: RE: [SoCalFire] Highland Fire RRU
            > >

            > > Does anyone have the tail numbers of the 5 air tankers flying this fire?

          • Alan Perry
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
              Update please

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jun 16, 2012, at 5:49 PM, "bbfires" <brentb9@...> wrote:

              I heard IC say his best guess was 1100, but that was when he put in a very large resource order quite some time ago.

              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Babroff <r.babroff@...> wrote:

              > I just saw 1100 acres was the last estimated acreage.
              >
              > Ryan Babroff
              > r.babroff@...
              > 818-434-2967
              >
              > On Jun 16, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Chris Nichols <chris3560@...> wrote:
              >
              > > 650 acres.
              > >

              > > Chris
              > >

              > > This message was sent via Verizon Wireless Blackberry
              > > From: "Loyd Reedy" <Loydr@...>
              > > Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
              > > Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:18:22 -0700
              > > To: <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
              > > ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: RE: [SoCalFire] Highland Fire RRU
              > >

              > > Does anyone have the tail numbers of the 5 air tankers flying this fire?

            • Donald Timothy Tribble
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                Last update of 1100 acres has not changed. CalTrans tweeted that they may close SR-79 due to the fire. These tweets are an hour old with no further updates at this time
                Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile

                From: Alan Perry <boonhouse@...>
                Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 18:51:16 -0700
                To: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com<SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Highland Fire RRU**UPDATE**

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                  RRU just posted 2,000

                  --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Timothy Tribble " <kd6mdv@...> wrote:

                  > Last update of 1100 acres has not changed. CalTrans tweeted that they may close SR-79 due to the fire. These tweets are an hour old with no further updates at this time
                  >
                  > Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile

                • Tim
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                    of course as soon as I post this CalFire/Riverside Fire tweet an update...fire now 2,000 acres...no further information given

                    --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Timothy Tribble " <kd6mdv@...> wrote:

                    > Last update of 1100 acres has not changed. CalTrans tweeted that they may close SR-79 due to the fire. These tweets are an hour old with no further updates at this time
                    >
                    > Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile

                  • Paul Jackson
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                      As of 6:40 p.m. per http://tinyurl.com/HighlandFire That page is
                      updated as sit changes

                      "Fire is now 2,000 acres. Updates will be posted as information
                      becomes available. PIO Captain Rick Griggs
                      is on scene at the Incident Command Post at Potrero and Wolfskill Truck Trail."

                      RESOURCES *ASSIGNED*
                      Fire Fighters: 285
                      Helicopter(s): 5
                      Engine Companies: 24
                      Air Tankers: 5
                      Air Attack : 1
                      Overhead Personnel: 10
                      Water Tenders: 5
                      Bulldozers: 6

                      No estimate on containment or control time.

                      --
                      Paul Jackson

                      On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Alan Perry <boonhouse@...> wrote:

                      > Update please
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone

                    • Tim
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                        CalTrans just tweeted that SR-79 is no longer threatened and will remain open.

                        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Timothy Tribble " <kd6mdv@...> wrote:

                        > Last update of 1100 acres has not changed. CalTrans tweeted that they may close SR-79 due to the fire. These tweets are an hour old with no further updates at this time
                        >
                        > Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile
                      • Brian
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 16, 2012
                          Should be these for southern California area (Riverside / San Diego) area.

                          My Saturday email alerts received from Mode-S hits.

                          N429DF - 310 - Received my Alert Email at 1:43pm
                          N435DF - TK72 - Received my Alert Email at 3:54pm
                          N437DF - TK73 - Received my Alert Email at 3:44pm
                          N441DF - T100 - Received my Alert Email at 4:24pm - Squawking:1255(Fire)

                          Saturday morning small fire in San Diego county(Julian small Fire)
                          N409DF - 330 - Received my Alert Email at 10:23am & 4:32pm
                          N427DF - TK70 - Received my Alert Email at 10:23am & 8:10pm
                          N432DF - TK71 - Received my Alert Email at 10:22am - Squawking:1255(Fire)

                          From: Alert
                          Alert Time Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 15:54
                          Received Registration: N435DF (A53602)
                          Registration: N435DF
                          Aircraft: TK72
                          Altitude: 04800

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 25, 2012
                            Actually, the City of Beaumont has annexed almost all of the former Lockheed / Potrero area. Winds in the area kept the fire headed away from being a Fed threat, of course if the winds had shifted, it could have reversed direction and headed towards Fed land. The majority of the fire was within Beaumont City limits, with some SRA in it. Of course, Beaumont city is protected by the Riverside County Fire department which is managed by CDF... This one is NOT an SRA fire, it's mostly Beaumont City and is going to be a pain in the ass for the billing people.

                            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nichols" <chris3560@...> wrote:

                            > Primarily SRA with a threat to FRA.
                            >

                            > Chris
                          • Michael Meadows
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 25, 2012
                              Is this a new fire or just info on the last one?
                              On Jun 25, 2012, at 11:12 AM, Elizabeth G wrote:

                              Actually, the City of Beaumont has annexed almost all of the former Lockheed / Potrero area. Winds in the area kept the fire headed away from being a Fed threat, of course if the winds had shifted, it could have reversed direction and headed towards Fed land. The majority of the fire was within Beaumont City limits, with some SRA in it. Of course, Beaumont city is protected by the Riverside County Fire department which is managed by CDF... This one is NOT an SRA fire, it's mostly Beaumont City and is going to be a pain in the ass for the billing people.

                              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nichols" <chris3560@...> wrote:

                              > Primarily SRA with a threat to FRA.
                              >

                              > Chris

                            • Bob Blogger
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 25, 2012
                                No billing first 24 hrs under MA

                                --
                                ----
                                Bob O'Connor

                              • Mark Bonney
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 25, 2012
                                  I think it's safe to say that this wasn't a Master Mutual Aid fire in its entirety.
                                  It would fall under the California Fire Assistance Agreement which states:

                                  "Reimbursement for personnel and emergency apparatus will begin after the twelfth (12th) hour. There shall be no reimbursement for responses of less than twelve (12) hours duration. If the duration of the response exceeds twelve (12) hours, reimbursement for personnel and emergency apparatus shall cover the entire time of commitment, beginning at the time of initial dispatch from home base, to the time of return to home base. Should personnel or emergency apparatus be requested for assignment to a Mobilization Center for standby duty, the reimbursement period shall begin with the time of initial dispatch of said personnel or emergency apparatus from its home base. Additionally, there shall be only one twelve (12)-hour period for each person or emergency apparatus from time of original dispatch, regardless of the number of assignments or the State of California and the Federal Fire Agency committing said personnel or emergency apparatus until its return to home base."

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  --
                                  ----