Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Castiac fire

  • KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 8 2:40 PM
      On 2012-06-08 02:21 PM, bbfires wrote:
      > Live video stream:
      >
      > http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8694728
      >
      > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SoCalFire%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Fizzboy7@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Looks to be going pretty good at Lake Hughes Road. Northbound I-5 is
      > > closed. Winds are around 30 mph. Ground crews are on scene.
      > >
      > > Jason

      2:22 PM 35 78-506 WILL BE PROVIDING 1184 AND BREAKS AS NEEDED

      Looks like CHP is beginning to open it with escorts and breaks.

      Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.

      -- Wb sends.

      ____________________

      Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
      InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com
      562.608-8624: Voice & Messages

      Volunteer Communications Network
      Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
      Internet: http://www.ZRICS.org
      Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)

      ###
    • KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8 3:04 PM
        2:59 PM 37 LACOFD IS ON LL ADVS THEY REC D A CALL FRM SOMEONE WHO STATED
        HE STARTED THIS FIRE

        CHP CAD Los Angeles Incident 1661

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 8 3:10 PM
          On 2012-06-08 03:04 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER wrote:
          > CHP CAD Los Angeles Incident 1661

          CHP just removed the entry from the log!!

        • Fizzboy7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 8 3:15 PM
            Looking at where the burning started, it's hard to speculate.    I did not see any paved road at the bottom of the hillside (just some dirt trails).    Fire then burned up the ridge to the top toward the 5, and that's when CHP figured it was time to shut down the northbound lanes.     Was still a bit of ways away, so I'm figuring more for emergency vehicle access than anything else.

            Jason

            On 2012-06-08 03:04 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER wrote:
            > CHP CAD Los Angeles Incident 1661

            CHP just removed the entry from the log!!

            Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.

            -- Wb sends.

            ____________________

            Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
            InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com
            562.608-8624: Voice & Messages

            Volunteer Communications Network
            Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org or
            Internet: http://www.ZRICS.org
            Skype: "V-C-N.org" (appointment)

            ###

          • Paul Jackson
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 8 4:24 PM
              Incident 1661 is back online, at 4:15 pm. Sometimes they will
              disappear and then reappear if criminal or personal information is
              added to, and later removed from, the public log.

              --
              Paul Jackson

              On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER <kb6ujw@...> wrote:

              > On 2012-06-08 03:04 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER wrote:
              > > CHP CAD Los Angeles Incident 1661
              >
              > CHP just removed the entry from the log!!

            • Donald Timothy Tribble
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 8 4:40 PM
                Fire has made a significant run and is now about 150 acres. Resource orders are being placed with Ventura County as well as the Los Angeles Operational Areas

                Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile
              • Bob Blogger
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 8 5:09 PM
                  Primary agency and name of fire is always appreciated...

                  On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Donald Timothy Tribble <kd6mdv@...> wrote:

                  Fire has made a significant run and is now about 150 acres. Resource orders are being placed with Ventura County as well as the Los Angeles Operational Areas

                  Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile

                  --
                  ----
                  Bob O'Connor

                • Donald Timothy Tribble
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 8 5:14 PM
                    Haven't seen a "name" yet, Castiac would be LAC's jurisdiction updated stats show 200 acres, 10% containment
                    Sent by Tim's BB Bold 9700 via T-Mobile

                    From: Bob Blogger <rocdad@...>
                    Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:09:54 -0700