Re: [SoCalFire] Cal Fire Unit ID's

  • Mark B
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
      Is this what you are looking for?

      On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Tim Macias <Res101cue@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know where I can find a list of where each Cal Fire unit is assigned and there Unit ID Number?.

      Tim Macias

      *********************
      THE WEB'S SOURCE FOR FIRE SERVICE TRAINING
      Drill Downloads, Live Events, Article Features & More
      http://www.firehouse.com/training/

      GET THE BEST FIREFIGHTING CONTENT & FEATURES
      Join Firehouse.com's MembersZone Today
      http://cms.firehouse.com/launch/

      --
      "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
                           -  Thomas Jefferson
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
        Every Unit is different in how they number their engines and stations. The first
        2 digits always indicate the Unit, with the 5xxx series units assigned to the
        CalFire Academy in Ione. If it's a 3-digit number on a command or support unit,
        then the first digit denotes the Region it's from.

        Generally, the Unit numbering system follows this:
        xx00 - Unit Chief
        xx01-09 - Deputy Chiefs and Division Chiefs
        xx10 - Supply Chief
        xx11-xx19 - Battalion Chiefs
        xx20 - Prevention Chief
        xx21-xx29 - Prevention Units
        xx30-xx39 - Foresters, Training Staff, Utility units, Stakesides, etc.
        xx40 - HEM
        xx41-xx49 - Dozers, Transports, other heavy equipment
        xx50-xx69 - 4x4 engines
        xx70-xx89 - 2WD engines
        xx90-xx99 - Individual personnel, ie.: ECC staff, specialized staff

        Many units have the last digit as the battalion or division that they are
        assigned to, such as 4281 assigned to Battalion 11, or 4267 assigned to
        Battalion 17. Reserve or Camp engines are usually given a number that ends in 0,
        because they aren't specifically assigned to a battalion.
        --
        John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
        N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852

        > Does anyone know where I can find a list of where each Cal Fire unit is
        >assigned and there Unit ID Number?.
        >
        > Tim Macias

        > *********************
        > THE WEB'S SOURCE FOR FIRE SERVICE TRAINING
        > Drill Downloads, Live Events, Article Features & More
        > http://www.firehouse.com/training/
        >
        > GET THE BEST FIREFIGHTING CONTENT & FEATURES
        > Join Firehouse.com's MembersZone Today
        > http://cms.firehouse.com/launch/

      • KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
          Hopefully this will help a little. My text file may be out of date.
          There is no Orange Unit now. It is covered by OCFA.

          CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)

          UNIT ID ## NORTHERN UNIT NAME UNIT ID ## SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
          ------- -- --------------------- ------- -- ---------------------
          MEU 11 Mendocino RRU 31 Riverside
          HUU 12 Humboldt-Del Norte MVU 33 San Diego
          LNU 14 Sonoma-Lake-Napa SLU 34 San Luis Obispo
          SCU 16 Santa Clara BDU 35 San Bernardino
          CZU 17 San Mateo-Santa Cruz TUU 41 Tulare
          BTU 21 Butte MMU 42 Madera-Mariposa-Merced
          LMU 22 Lassen-Modoc FKU 43 Fresno-Kings
          NEU 23 Nevada-Yuba-Placer TCU 44 Tuolumne-Calaveras
          SHU 24 Shasta-Trinity BEU 46 San Benito-Monterey
          TGU 25 Tehama-Glenn
          SKU 26 Siskiyou ORU ? 32 Orange Unit
          AEU 45 Amador-El Dorado

          CAL FIRE Units (Numerical Order)

          UNIT ID ## UNIT NAME
          ------- -- ----------------------------------------------------
          MEU 11 Mendocino Unit
          HUU 12 Humboldt-Del Norte Unit
          LNU 14 Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit
          SCU 16 Santa Clara Unit
          CZU 17 San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit
          BTU 21 Butte Unit
          LMU 22 Lassen-Modoc Unit
          NEU 23 Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit
          SHU 24 Shasta-Trinity Unit
          TGU 25 Tehama-Glenn Unit
          SKU 26 Siskiyou Unit
          RRU 31 Riverside Unit
          MVU 33 San Diego Unit
          SLU 34 San Luis Obispo Unit
          BDU 35 San Bernardino Unit
          TUU 41 Tulare Unit
          MMU 42 Madera-Mariposa-Merced Unit
          FKU 43 Fresno-Kings Unit
          TCU 44 Tuolumne-Calaveras Unit
          AEU 45 Amador-El Dorado Unit
          BEU 46 San Benito-Monterey Unit

          Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.

          -- Wb sends.

          ____________________

          Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
          InternetEM: KB6UJW(at)Gmail.com

          Volunteer Communications Network
          Internet: http://www.V-C-N.org

          ###
        • KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
            CAL FIRE Units (Alphabetical Order)

            UNIT ID ## UNIT NAME
            ------- -- ----------------------------------------------------
            AEU 45 Amador-El Dorado Unit
            BDU 35 San Bernardino Unit
[...]

          • Forrest Jones
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
              http://www.scancal.org/calfire/index.html%c2%a0 TRY THIS Site AEU was changed to 27  2-3 years.     Forrest from Rancho Cordova
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                Just an update, AEU  is 27xx. They moved from the Southern Region to the Northern Region back in 2007. When they switched region, the number changed from 45xx.

                Bill Krayenhagen

                E-Mail: wskrayen@...

                AIM/Google Talk/Yahoo/Skype: wskrayen

                MSN: wskrayen@...

                WordPress Facebook LinkedIn Flickr Twitter

                On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                CAL FIRE Units (Alphabetical Order)

                   UNIT ID  ##  UNIT NAME
                   -------  --  ----------------------------------------------------
                     AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado Unit

              • Jon
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                  Orange Unit was 61XX and was never 3XXX series. At the time of Jerry
                  Brown cancelling the Orange contract, CDF had 6 regions. It was
                  reduced to 4 regions in the 1980s and is now 2 regions but with the
                  same numbering scheme.

                  On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
                  <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                  > Hopefully this will help a little.  My text file may be out of date.
                  > There is no Orange Unit now.  It is covered by OCFA.
                  >
                  > CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)
                  >
                  > UNIT ID  ##  NORTHERN UNIT NAME      UNIT ID  ##  SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
                  > -------  --  ---------------------   -------  --  ---------------------
                  >   MEU    11  Mendocino                 RRU    31  Riverside
                  >   HUU    12  Humboldt-Del Norte        MVU    33  San Diego
                  >   LNU    14  Sonoma-Lake-Napa          SLU    34  San Luis Obispo
                  >   SCU    16  Santa Clara               BDU    35  San Bernardino
                  >   CZU    17  San Mateo-Santa Cruz      TUU    41  Tulare
                  >   BTU    21  Butte                     MMU    42  Madera-Mariposa-Merced
                  >   LMU    22  Lassen-Modoc              FKU    43  Fresno-Kings
                  >   NEU    23  Nevada-Yuba-Placer        TCU    44  Tuolumne-Calaveras
                  >   SHU    24  Shasta-Trinity            BEU    46  San Benito-Monterey
                  >   TGU    25  Tehama-Glenn
                  >   SKU    26  Siskiyou                  ORU  ? 32  Orange Unit
                  >   AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado
                • newnethboy
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                    Insofar as that page is blank at the moment, no.

                    However, we should keep the URL, as Tracy is very likely to put good info on
                    this page.

                    <Res101cue@...>wrote:

                    > Does anyone know where I can find a list of where each Cal Fire unit is
                    > assigned and there Unit ID Number?.
                    >
                    > Tim Macias

                    > *********************
                    > THE WEB'S SOURCE FOR FIRE SERVICE TRAINING
                    > Drill Downloads, Live Events, Article Features & More
                    > http://www.firehouse.com/training/
                    >
                    > GET THE BEST FIREFIGHTING CONTENT & FEATURES
                    > Join Firehouse.com's MembersZone Today
                    > http://cms.firehouse.com/launch/

                    --
                    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
                    - Thomas Jefferson
                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                      The page isn't blank. Make sure you are using the full URL.

                      <http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=California_Department_of_Forestry_and_Fire_Protec
                      tion_%28CAL_FIRE%29>

                      Insofar as that page is blank at the moment, no.

                      However, we should keep the URL, as Tracy is very likely to put good info on
                      this page.
                    • bbfires
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                        The 80s engines are gone for good? I specifically recall 81,82,84,and 86. Suburbanization probably did them in, just like it did many stations.

                        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nichols" <chris3560@...> wrote:

                        > These are what I know:
                        >
                        > If it starts with a:
                        >
                        > 31 riverside
                        > 33 san diego
                        > 34 san luis
                        > 35 san bernardino
                        >
                        > Specific to san bernardino:
                        > 3559 devore station
                        > 3560 yucca valley station
                        > 3561 bishop station
                        > 3562 phelan station
                        > 3563 phelan station
                        > 3564 independence station
                        > 3566 chino hills station
                        > 3567 yucca valley station
                        > 3568 lucerne station
                        > 3569 yucaipa station
                        > 3576 yucaipa station
                        > 3578 hesperia ( county sta 305)
                        > 3590 highland station
                        >
                        > Keep in mind that this is during peak season staffing. State engines mover around on a regular basis during non-peak season.
                        >

                        > Chris

                      • newnethboy
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 13, 2011
                          Definitely not blank, with the entire URL (split in your message, Brian:
                          Should end in "FIRE%29").

                          Thanks, Brian.

                          > The page isn't blank. Make sure you are using the full URL.

                          <http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=California_Department_of_
                          Forestry_and_Fire_Protec
                          > tion_%28CAL_FIRE%29>

                        • bbfires
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 14, 2011
                            Thought Orange was 64xx. 61xx was Riverside.

                            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Jon <kingscup@...> wrote:

                            > Orange Unit was 61XX and was never 3XXX series. At the time of Jerry
                            > Brown cancelling the Orange contract, CDF had 6 regions. It was
                            > reduced to 4 regions in the 1980s and is now 2 regions but with the
                            > same numbering scheme.
                            >

                            > On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM, KB6UJW Wayne BARRINGER
                            > <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                            > > Hopefully this will help a little.  My text file may be out of date.
                            > > There is no Orange Unit now.  It is covered by OCFA.
                            > >
                            > > CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)
                            > >
                            > > UNIT ID  ##  NORTHERN UNIT NAME      UNIT ID  ##  SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
                            > > -------  --  ---------------------   -------  --  ---------------------
                            > >   MEU    11  Mendocino                 RRU    31  Riverside
                            > >   HUU    12  Humboldt-Del Norte        MVU    33  San Diego
                            > >   LNU    14  Sonoma-Lake-Napa          SLU    34  San Luis Obispo
                            > >   SCU    16  Santa Clara               BDU    35  San Bernardino
                            > >   CZU    17  San Mateo-Santa Cruz      TUU    41  Tulare
                            > >   BTU    21  Butte                     MMU    42  Madera-Mariposa-Merced
                            > >   LMU    22  Lassen-Modoc              FKU    43  Fresno-Kings
                            > >   NEU    23  Nevada-Yuba-Placer        TCU    44  Tuolumne-Calaveras
                            > >   SHU    24  Shasta-Trinity            BEU    46  San Benito-Monterey
                            > >   TGU    25  Tehama-Glenn
                            > >   SKU    26  Siskiyou                  ORU  ? 32  Orange Unit
                            > >   AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado

                          • John Gleichweit PDA
                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 14, 2011
                              Marin is a Contract County, and their units are numbered in the 15xx range.
                              John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

                              <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                              > Hopefully this will help a little.  My text file may be out of date.
                              > There is no Orange Unit now.  It is covered by OCFA.
                              >
                              > CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)
                              >
                              > UNIT ID  ##  NORTHERN UNIT NAME      UNIT ID  ##  SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
                              > -------  --  ---------------------   -------  --  ---------------------
                              >   MEU    11  Mendocino                 RRU    31  Riverside
                              >   HUU    12  Humboldt-Del Norte        MVU    33  San Diego
                              >   LNU    14  Sonoma-Lake-Napa          SLU    34  San Luis Obispo
                              >   SCU    16  Santa Clara               BDU    35  San Bernardino
                              >   CZU    17  San Mateo-Santa Cruz      TUU    41  Tulare
                              >   BTU    21  Butte                     MMU    42  Madera-Mariposa-Merced
                              >   LMU    22  Lassen-Modoc              FKU    43  Fresno-Kings
                              >   NEU    23  Nevada-Yuba-Placer        TCU    44  Tuolumne-Calaveras
                              >   SHU    24  Shasta-Trinity            BEU    46  San Benito-Monterey
                              >   TGU    25  Tehama-Glenn
                              >   SKU    26  Siskiyou                  ORU  ? 32  Orange Unit
                              >   AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado

                            • Bill Ryan
                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 14, 2011
                                Orange was 64XX...

                                <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                                > Hopefully this will help a little.  My text file may be out of date.
                                > There is no Orange Unit now.  It is covered by OCFA.
                                >
                                > CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)
                                >
                                > UNIT ID  ##  NORTHERN UNIT NAME      UNIT ID  ##  SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
                                > -------  --  ---------------------   -------  --  ---------------------
                                >   MEU    11  Mendocino                 RRU    31  Riverside
                                >   HUU    12  Humboldt-Del Norte        MVU    33  San Diego
                                >   LNU    14  Sonoma-Lake-Napa          SLU    34  San Luis Obispo
                                >   SCU    16  Santa Clara               BDU    35  San Bernardino
                                >   CZU    17  San Mateo-Santa Cruz      TUU    41  Tulare
                                >   BTU    21  Butte                     MMU    42  Madera-Mariposa-Merced
                                >   LMU    22  Lassen-Modoc              FKU    43  Fresno-Kings
                                >   NEU    23  Nevada-Yuba-Placer        TCU    44  Tuolumne-Calaveras
                                >   SHU    24  Shasta-Trinity            BEU    46  San Benito-Monterey
                                >   TGU    25  Tehama-Glenn
                                >   SKU    26  Siskiyou                  ORU  ? 32  Orange Unit
                                >   AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado
                              • Jon
                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 14, 2011
                                  oops. Head was thinking one thing and the fingers were thinking another.

                                  Orange was 64XX...

                                  <kb6ujw@...> wrote:
                                  > Hopefully this will help a little.  My text file may be out of date.
                                  > There is no Orange Unit now.  It is covered by OCFA.
                                  >
                                  > CAL FIRE Units (Numerical by Region Order)
                                  >
                                  > UNIT ID  ##  NORTHERN UNIT NAME      UNIT ID  ##  SOUTHERN UNIT NAME
                                  > -------  --  ---------------------   -------  --  ---------------------
                                  >   MEU    11  Mendocino                 RRU    31  Riverside
                                  >   HUU    12  Humboldt-Del Norte        MVU    33  San Diego
                                  >   LNU    14  Sonoma-Lake-Napa          SLU    34  San Luis Obispo
                                  >   SCU    16  Santa Clara               BDU    35  San Bernardino
                                  >   CZU    17  San Mateo-Santa Cruz      TUU    41  Tulare
                                  >   BTU    21  Butte                     MMU    42  Madera-Mariposa-Merced
                                  >   LMU    22  Lassen-Modoc              FKU    43  Fresno-Kings
                                  >   NEU    23  Nevada-Yuba-Placer        TCU    44  Tuolumne-Calaveras
                                  >   SHU    24  Shasta-Trinity            BEU    46  San Benito-Monterey
                                  >   TGU    25  Tehama-Glenn
                                  >   SKU    26  Siskiyou                  ORU  ? 32  Orange Unit
                                  >   AEU    45  Amador-El Dorado

                                • fyr955
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 1, 2011
                                    FYI-

                                    Just for posterity sake;

                                    Orange Ranger Unt was 64XX. County contract engines, etc. were 91XX series

                                    Riverside Unit was 61XX