Re: [SoCalFire] LAC ST Formation to KRN

  • cafirefighter@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2010
      how many ST went out?

      From: Bryan Herbert <ke6zgp@...>
      Sender: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:17:20 -0700
      To: <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SoCalFire] LAC ST Formation to KRN

      It went out over Blue 8 shortly before I posted the email. Theres some info on the CHP CAD under Filed Incidents.for Bishop, looks like the first 911 call was at 1453 hours.

      On 7/9/2010 17:09, Chris Nichols wrote:
      Is this old?

      Chris

      --
      Bryan Herbert - KE6ZGP | WQKW261
      http://www.facebook .com/bryanherber t
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2010
        Only heard one from LA County

        On 7/9/2010 17:25, cafirefighter@... wrote: how many ST went out?

        Bryan Herbert - KE6ZGP | WQKW261
        http://www.facebook.com/bryanherbert
        http://twitter.com/bryan_herbert
        http://bryanherbert.com
        http://socalmilcom.com
      • Mike Derryberry
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2010
          Bryan Herbert wrote:
          > LACFD has ordered a strike team formation for an incident in Kern County
          > on Highway 58 at Sand Canyon, I believe this is in the Tehachapi area.
          > Dont have any incident details yet but the CHP CAD has multiple reports
          > of a fire starting in this area at the gun range.

          This is the "Umtali Incident". It is located in Sand Canyon near
          Tehachapi. I was coming home from Las Vegas and on Hwy 58 in Tehachai
          when this was dispatched. It went out as a "Hazardous Condition" smoke
          seen in the area of Umtalli Rd & Sand Canyon Rd near the rifle range.
          When Station 12 pulled out of their station, they had large column of
          smoke showing. First Alarm Wildland was immediately dispatched. Winds
          were blowing pretty good as I drove through the Tehachapi area. I saw
          Helicopter 407 just after take off from Keene and 2 dozers going up the
          hill on Hwy 58.

          I haven't been listening close enough to hear the acreage or requests
          for more equipment.

          Comms are: Command on Kern 5 (151.100), Tactical on White 3 (154.280),
          Air to Ground (151.225) (I think). I am also hearing some comms on Kern
          2 155.880. I have my fire feed up (link in my sig line). I can't hear
          the Tac channels since I'm in Bakersfield.

          Mike

          --
          miked911@...
          Mike Derryberry

          Dispatcher II
          Kern County Sheriff's Department
          Bakersfield, CA

          Listen to my department:
          http://216.66.69.100:3074/listen.pls

          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
          http://216.66.69.100:3070/listen.pls

          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
          http://216.66.69.100:3072/listen.pls
        • Redhart
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2010
            I saw this fire around 3:30pm. I was in the over on teh sw side of town
            doing weed abatement and saw it from there.

            By the time we left at about 6pm, I could no longer see the smoke from this
            fire. Right around the gun range in Sand Canyon is exactly where it looked
            like it was coming from.
            Redhart in Tehachapi