Paid-Call, Reserves, Voluteers

  • mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2000
      Am curious to know which departments in Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange
      counties use paid-call, reserves, or volunteers. I know that Sierra
      Madre is volunteer, OCFA has an extensive reserve program (which used to
      be paid-call), and LA county has something called a "call man". Any
      help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mike
    • Timothy McGowen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2000
        The only thing OCFA changed in the paid-call system was the name. At
        least for now....

        Timothy McGowen

        mike wrote:

        > Am curious to know which departments in Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange
        > counties use paid-call, reserves, or volunteers. I know that Sierra
        > Madre is volunteer, OCFA has an extensive reserve program (which used to
        > be paid-call), and LA county has something called a "call man". Any
        > help would be appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Mike

      • Smokey Behr
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2000
          On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:58:09 -0700, mike <mikekut@...>
          wrote:

          >Am curious to know which departments in Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange
          >counties use paid-call, reserves, or volunteers. I know that Sierra
          >Madre is volunteer, OCFA has an extensive reserve program (which used to
          >be paid-call), and LA county has something called a "call man". Any
          >help would be appreciated.
          >Thanks,
          >Mike

          Only Santa Paula and Fillmore have volunteers in Ventura County. I've
          asked around, and they don't seem to want to start a program again.

          --
          Smokey Behr
          Bush/Cheney 2000 - Bringing integrity back to the White House.