Re: Is This A Fire Visible On Mt. Wilson Cam?

  • Krissa Klein
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Snyder" <sub@...> wrote:

      > It's the moon.
      >
      > You'll never be an astronomer at this rate!
      >
      > Happy New Year all!

      He was asking about the orange glow on the far right side of the image
      (not the moon!)
      Don't you see it?
    • Bill Snyder
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
        > > It's the moon.
        > >
        > > You'll never be an astronomer at this rate!

        Krissa Klein responded:

        > He was asking about the orange glow on the far right side of the image
        > (not the moon!)
        > Don't you see it?

        OK, I've turned in my Trained Observer card.

        It hasn't moved its location, changed size or orientation.

        I'll vote for it being an artifact. But what do I know? Sniff! I'm no
        longer a Trained Observer.

        I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.
        --Douglas Adams
      • Craig
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
          Maybe it was just an awesome looking sunset.

        • Kim Noyes
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
            Craig,
            Twas off to the East well after dark and columnar and orangish-reddish and at the time had clouds blowing over it driven by North to Northeast winds so it looked for all the world like a Santa Ana Wind-driven fire which thankfully turned out not to be the case.

            Kim

            .

            --
            Check out my online scanner feed at mms://streamwebtown.com/northslocounty