LAPD Articles

  • zerg90@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 12:13 PM
      http://www.lapdonline.org/general_information/dept_pub_program/aadept_pub_main.htm

      Interesting article that I have had the time to read so far - Dispatcher
      Retention via better testing - Changes Since 1992 Riots (more black and
      whites without roof lites, reorganization, and tac team of 50 guys) -
      Lag Times and shooting people in back - Shotguns for Motorcycles (that
      looks interesting too)

      PS - I finally found out what the LAPD Airforce is - 10 Aerospatiale B-2
      Astars + 5 Bell 206 Jet Rangers + 1 UH1H Huey + 1 OH58C military surplus
      helo + 1 King Air 200 plane

      Has anyone heard a disaster drill where they put all 18 aircraft in the
      air at once?

      IIRC - LA City FD and LA County FD each have approx 6 helos each - but
      they are often the larger Bells with hoists

      California