Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Zaca Incident - Icecapping out --- Again!

  • Mike Meadows
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
      Verdugo also dispatching a strike team
      On Aug 3, 2007, at 3:57 PM, bbfires wrote:

      BDF just dispatched an engine strike team. 15:54

      --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, RJV48@... wrote:

      > I'm sure the resource requests will start coming in soon
      >

      > ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the
      all-new AOL at

    • vaw05
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
        Engines 1R, 13, 37, 39, and 52 were just dispatched (171.4750) to form
        Strike Team 6606C for the Zaca 2 incident. Meeting at Sycamore Station
        32 by 17:00.

        16:02

        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, RJV48@... wrote:

        > I'm sure the resource requests will start coming in soon

      • sh9730
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
          Mike is the Vedurgo ST type 1 or 3?

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
            Unsure but it would be my guess that it will be a type 1.....I may head up there tomorrow if it keeps on going like it is now.....header should be very impressive.
            On Aug 3, 2007, at 4:03 PM, sh9730 wrote:

            Mike is the Vedurgo ST type 1 or 3?

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Mike Meadows <mike425@...> wrote:

            > Verdugo also dispatching a strike team

          • Jeff Allen
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
              Any requests out of Zone 4?

              vaw05 <vaw05@...> wrote:
              Engines 1R, 13, 37, 39, and 52 were just dispatched (171.4750) to form
              Strike Team 6606C for the Zaca 2 incident. Meeting at Sycamore Station
              32 by 17:00.

              16:02

              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogrou ps.com, RJV48@... wrote:

              > I'm sure the resource requests will start coming in soon

              Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

            • RJV48@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
                San Bernardino County  Zone 2 strike team enroute to the Zaca fire

              • Don Root
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
                  Jeff Allen wrote:
                  > Any requests out of Zone 4?

                  Who's Zone 4?
                • Leighton J. Ewens
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 3, 2007
                    North Zone S. D. County sending a Type-3 as we speak. Carlsbad, Encinitas, Vista, Oceanside, Pendleton.

                    -Leighton J. Ewens
                    leighton.ewens@...

                    "May you be blessed by the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
                    Psalm 115:15

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 4, 2007
                      Yesterday and this weekend I was/am a dealer at the Nipomo Gem & Mineral Show and had a pretty good view of what was going on although I could not pick up very much radio traffic from there.
                      It was clear rather early on that something was different yesterday compared to each day since the blow-up a week ago.
                      Even with all the quiet days of late that the fire has experienced there were some mornings that you'd see a nice header from the fire before the daytime inversion set in but yesterday morn it just kept fairly regularly putting up magnificent pyrocumulus clouds and this went on and on all day pretty much as near as I can tell.
                      One could hear the tankers coming and going from the Santa Maria Airport all day.
                      As I headed home back up the 101 at the end of the day I saw two different OES engines headed southbound with at least one of them being the Atascadero OES engine.
                      Later, after I got home I heard on the scanner two different strike teams being sent out of SLU, one a something Lima and the other a something Alpha as I recall.
                      This morning a battalion chief was asked with urgency to come into SLU HQ.
                      I'll be down there in Nipomo again today so I'll have a fairly decent view of what unfolds.

                      Kim

                      --
                      Check out my online scanner feed at mms://streamwebtown.com/northslocounty