Re: [SoCalFire] Los Flores Fire

  • Scott Zane
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2007
      Those boundaries seem to put it right in the Honda Valley area that
      used to be popular among ATVer's and target shooters (which included
      myself when it was still open to recreation).

      confusing Arrowhead Lakes Rd with Lake Arrowhead Rd: Well, to add
      clarification in case anybody did, in fact, confuse the two,
      Arrowhead Lakes Rd is a North/South road that intersects with 173
      approximately 7 miles east of where 138/173 meet. From its
      intersection with 173, it goes mostly north along the west side of
      the Mojave River into the area known to all of us as Deep Creek). My
      mapping software puts 173/Arrowhead Lakes Rd about 18 miles NW of
      Fawnskin. If the fire is traveling NE, it would be burning AWAY from Big Bear.

    • inlandnews@mycingular.blackberry.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 8:52 AM
        7am update from San Bernardino County Fire:

        2,000 acres. 50% contained. Full containment expected at 6pm tonight. All evacs have been lifted. No structure threat. Cause is under investigation. 1 home received roof damage and 1 shed was completely destroyed. 150 firefighters working this incident. Aircraft will also be working any hot spots.
      • bbfires
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 10:52 AM
          KABC TV 7 had ground and air coverage on AM news this morning. They
          could only find one very tiny spot of active flame surrounded by roads.

          They said that some islands of green may be burned later. So no need
          for anyone to panic at the site of smoke. ;)