Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Fwd: Fw: [EDIS] RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS [Ur

  • Mike Meadows
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
      Anyone who has been in the fire service or associated with the
      fire service knows such a statement is false. Nothing against Ben at
      all. As Kim has shown, we do and still will (maybe this weekend) get
      huge fires in the winter.
      The fire season, by FD standards, is technically over but as we
      all know, it's not.....I've been doing this for 30 years and can't
      tell you how many big burns I've been on in the winter.
      C'mon Raff, Ben wasn't slammed, Kim just showed him the error of
      his ways.....lol

    • Kim Noyes
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
        Said "helpful user" was admonishing everybody for posting about Red
        Flag Warnings and other such bulletins and dogmatically asserting that
        the fire danger to Southern California has passed for this season as
        if the National Weather Service office in Southern California didn't
        know what it was talking about in posting said bulletins.
        Some people quite politely and reasonably begged to differ.
        That's slamming?
        Awesome.

        Bad Kim

        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "raffertysec" <raffertysec@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > in Ventura County which burned 4,400 acres and which Chris fought
        > on
        > > > which is discussed here:
        > > > http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/newslog/feb2001/roundup/ranchfire.html
        > > >
        > > > F) Concurrent with that was the Santa Ana Wind-driven Rafael Fire
        > in
        > > > the Verdugo Mountains which burned into the City of Glendale (I
        > > > believe it burned near the 2 Freeway) consuming over 740 acres
        > and is
        > > > mentioned here:
        > > > http://www.fire.uni-freiburg.de/current/archive/us/1999/12/
        > > > us_231299.htm
        > > >
        > > > G) The Santa Ana Wind-driven Hondo Canyon Fire which started on
        > the
        > > > 21st or 22nd of December, 1977, and burned 10,000 acres on
        > Vandenburg
        > > > AFB and overran and killed the base commander, the base fire

      • Chris Nichols
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
          It's a beautiful day in the desert today! The sand is taking the paint off my truck. Its great. My trashcans are in my neighbors yard 3 miles away. I planted a 6' pine tree in my yard about 2 weeks ago that is currently no where to be found. I love the wind. It just makes you feel real warm inside!

          Chris
          Yucca Valley
          Anyone who has been in the fire service or associated with the
          fire service knows such a statement is false. Nothing against Ben at
          all. As Kim has shown, we do and still will (maybe this weekend) get
          huge fires in the winter.
          The fire season, by FD standards, is technically over but as we
          all know, it's not.....I've been doing this for 30 years and can't
          tell you how many big burns I've been on in the winter.
          C'mon Raff, Ben wasn't slammed, Kim just showed him the error of
          his ways.....lol
          On Jan 5, 2007, at 2:13 PM, raffertysec wrote:

          > Another often helpful user slammed. Awesome.
          >
          > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogrou: <mailto:SoCalFire%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com, Mike Meadows <mike425@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > hehe, way to go Kim...I was holding my tongue and keeping his post
          > > until we got a big fire.......Winds are sustained at 28 with 40mph
          > > gusts at my house now...higher elsewhere.........M
          > > On Jan 4, 2007, at 11:49 PM, Kim Noyes wrote:
          > >
          > > > Ben,
          > > > Not so fast there pardner: where's all the fire season-ending
          > rain?
          > > > It seems to me things are still fairly dry in many areas of
          > Southern
          > > > California and don't you know the recent fire history of Southern
          > > > California?
          > > > Here's a refresher course:
          > > >
          > > > A) The Santa Ana Wind-driven Sierra Fire this past February in the
          > > > Cleveland NF which consumed 10,584 acres started by escaped
          > prescribed
          > > > fire. Read here: http://www.nbc4: <http://www.nbc4.t

          Sent via Motorola Blackberry on Verizon Wireless.
        • Bob Tiberi
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
            At 14:39 1/5/2007, Mike Meadows wrote:
            > The fire season, by FD standards, is technically over but as we
            >all know, it's not.....I

            Having lived in SoCal since 1960, I have learned that "fire season"
            is as nebulous as any typical season. The weather will do what it
            wants, when it wants.

            I have seen snow on Father's Day in the SB mountains, and I have hung
            out Christmas lights in Alta Loma wearing flip-flops and shorts. I
            can't remember who said it - "if you don't like the weather, wait
            five minutes."

            Bob in Running Springs

          • Mike Meadows
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
              lmao....awesome Chris...I just landed an another area
              code........gonna get worse, I guess, by late Sun or early Mon and
              warmer......

            • david paulino
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
                Hey Chris, I think I have your tree here in
                Temecula:)
                --- Chris Nichols <chris3560@...>

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Chris Nichols
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
                  Does it have a start on top?
                  --- Chris Nichols <chris3560@vzw.: <mailto:chris3560%40vzw.blackberry.net> blackberry.net>
                  wrote:

                  > It's a beautiful day in the desert today! The sand
                  > is taking the paint off my truck. Its great. My
                  > trashcans are in my neighbors yard 3 miles away. I
                  > planted a 6' pine tree in my yard about 2 weeks ago
                  > that is currently no where to be found. I love the
                  > wind. It just makes you feel real warm inside!
                  >
                  > Chris
                  > Yucca Valley

                • Ian Schoenleber
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 5, 2007
                    --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, david paulino <djpaulino@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Chris, I think I have your tree here in
                    > Temecula:)
                    > --- Chris Nichols <chris3560@...>

                    Actually, David, I think it's in the grille of my car ;)

                    -Ian
                  • Mike Meadows
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 6, 2007
                      Gee, I don't know ben....Fritz, Dallas and John Mountain are
                      calling this bad fire weather but what the hell do they know huh?
                      Now you have me wondering why, WHY a Red Flag and a fire weather
                      watch was called by the WEATHER SERVICE.....perhaps they should talk
                      to you before issuing such false statements.....hehe....Sorry ben,
                      couldn't help it....OK guys I'm done.....